Mobile menu

Excel Charts: Making the X axis display years
Thread poster: Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
May 3, 2007

How do I make the X axis in an Excel chart (simple columns) display a series of years (e.g., 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.)? I am using Excel 2003. Currently, the X axis shows a series of numbers starting from 1. I cannot make these numbers start from any other number. I would like to be able to make them start from, say, 1968 or 2005 or something like that. Thank you very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:53
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Hi Fuad May 3, 2007

You need to write the years on the first row. If you have already done so, do the following: When selecting the data for the chart, do not select this row, where the years are. Go to Insert > Chart. The chart wizard will open, and, you have to pass several steps. On the first step you accept the chart type, then, on the second step you have to indicate the chart source data. When you reach this step, you'll see two tabs "Data Range" and "Series". Open the "Series" tab and below the dialog box you'll see "Category (X) axis labels:". Put you mouse in this field, and then select the row of the years by the mouse. The years will be added as labels for the X axis.

I hope this helps.

Henry

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect May 3, 2007

Thank you very much.

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:53
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
My pleasure May 3, 2007

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel Charts: Making the X axis display years

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs