Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph
Thread poster: Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:10
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2007

I'm using MS Word 2003 track changes feature for a proofing job on a document with columns. When I make a change, the balloon appears connected to the following paragraph.

I've never had this problem before, I can't find any reference to it anywhere, and I haven't the slightest idea what to do to fix it.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be gratefully accepted.

[Edited at 2007-05-12 11:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
strange ... May 12, 2007

could it be, that you close the cnage with enter (causing a paragraph break, causing the baloon etc,,,)?

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph May 12, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

could it be, that you close the cnage with enter (causing a paragraph break, causing the baloon etc,,,)?

Thank you, Vito, for your suggestion.

I thought of that possibility, but I didn't make a paragraph break. As soon as I delete one letter, the balloon appears connected to the following paragraph. I have about 15 Word files with columns and they all act the same way. On the other hand, when I do the same thing in a non-table Word file, I don't have any problem at all.

I am at a complete loss.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs