Daniela Ciafardoni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2007

Hello there,
I am wondering if anyone could help me.
I am having problems downloading internet explorer and zip attachments in Outlook 2007. Every time I try to open these attachments the screen starts flashing and in order to stop it I have to close down my computer. I am able to download these with Winzip at the moment but I think that Outlook 2007 should be capable of opening these files. Does anyone have any idea on what might be causing this? Would you be able to suggest any so
... See more
Hello there,
I am wondering if anyone could help me.
I am having problems downloading internet explorer and zip attachments in Outlook 2007. Every time I try to open these attachments the screen starts flashing and in order to stop it I have to close down my computer. I am able to download these with Winzip at the moment but I think that Outlook 2007 should be capable of opening these files. Does anyone have any idea on what might be causing this? Would you be able to suggest any solutions?
I have Windows Vista.
Thanks very much!
Daniela
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Below Jun 4, 2007

When that happens, hit Ctr + Alt + Delete (press all three at the same time), then a box comes up and click on "Switch To" (or whatever equivalent this has in your program).

Then you should be able to download it.

That has worked for me, let me know if it works for you.

Daniela Ciafardoni
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Jun 4, 2007

Hi there! Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it still has the same trouble, I wonder what's causing it!
Daniela

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:18
English to Dutch
+ ...
save as Jun 4, 2007

I wonder what's causing it!
Daniela

You'll need to use Save as.
Outlook 2007 only opens formats it knows (doc, docx, etc etc) --you'll notice it opens those within the body of the email (not in a seperate window).
It can't do so with a zip; so: use Save as, and that'll work just fine.

Daniela Ciafardoni
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 4, 2007

Hello there,
Thanks for your kind reply.
I did try to save it beforehand but as soon as I clicked on it the whole screen started flashing again. I just downloaded the Zip file manager and everything seems to be working fine now, fingers crossed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook 2007: problems opening attachments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »