Thread poster: Heike Reagan

Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:12
Member (2004)
German to English
Jun 10, 2007

Hello All,
I have a question that I don't think has been covered yet in the forum (did a quick search and nothing seemed to match...)
I am translating 97 PPT's, all of them have the same Master Slide. Is there any way to save the first translated Master Slide and then to just insert them into the other PPT's? I have tried the Office Help, but that doesn't seem to work. BTW, I'm working with the English 2003 version.
Thank you!
Heike Reagan

Direct link Reply with quote

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:12
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
I just did it on PP 2003... Jun 10, 2007

Hi Heike,

I just took two PPT files just now, and copied the title slide of one and pasted it into the other (just used CTRL C and V). Then I just deleted the original title slide.

Hope that helps, and that I have properly understood what you were asking!!

Cheers
Bill

Oops!! I did misunderstand. Sorry Heike, and to everyone else. I read "Master" but interpreted to "Title/First slide". I must be getting old...

B.

[Edited at 2007-06-11 05:05]

xxxtlmurray
English
Format menu Jun 10, 2007

I am translating 97 PPT's, all of them have the same Master Slide. Is there any way to save the first translated Master Slide and then to just insert them into the other PPT's?

In the Mac version, it's Format > Slide Design > then open the PPT or POT file you want to base the slides on. *If* your slides adhere to good PowerPoint design rules, the target file will take on the appearance of the other file.

P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:12
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
search and replace Jun 11, 2007

maybe this is what you need

http://www.inforapid.de/html/searchreplace.htm

Cheers, P.

Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 13, 2007

William, that was exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks to everyone else, too, for your help.
Heike

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:12
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Well, well...! Jun 13, 2007

Even though it was a mistake/misunderstanding as I saw it, it helped you after all! That was good news.

Good luck!
Bill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to copy master slide from one presentation into another

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs