Mobile menu

Word 2003
Thread poster: alebriones
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 13, 2007

Several weeks ago I converted PDF text to Word 2003 using the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer (print option).

Since doing this, Word now opens with backwards "L"-shaped items (in grayscale) in all 4 corners of the document, right outside the header/footer borders. It is not a header/footer issue, and I've spent quite some time trying to remove these items. The problem is that they are appearing in all of my clients' when I open them, and I'm having to deliver them this way.

I think I may have clicked something when the image writer was converting the text, but I have no idea what. I may have to uninstall/reinstall, but will need to wait for my husband to return from a business trip, since he has our Office CD with him, although I do have the Office 2000 CD here...aside from reinstalling, does anyone know what I can do to get rid of these things? Many thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Martin Wenzel
Local time: 23:03
English to German
+ ...
Use repair function Jun 13, 2007

You may not have to reinstall. Insert your Office 2003 CD and choose the option repair, perhaps that will do the trick...

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Drawing canvas likely? Jun 13, 2007

Drawing canvas

When you create a drawing, a drawing canvas is placed around it. The drawing canvas is an area on which you can draw multiple shapes. Because the shapes are contained within the drawing canvas, they can be moved or resized as a single unit.

To enable / disable the drawing canvas:
1. Click on Tools | Options to display the Options dialog box.
2. Click on the General tab.
3. Tick or untick the Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShape check box.

But that would mean that whatever you have pasted into your Word document is an image, not text.

Pawel Skalinski

tectranslate ITS GmbH
+ ...
Text boundaries Jun 13, 2007

Open Word, click Tools - Options, then uncheck "Text boundaries". That should do the trick.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2003

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs