Visualising field codes/hyperlinks in Word
Thread poster: Lawyer-Linguist

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:44
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2007

This query relates to Word 2003, with Windows XP as the operating system (both Portuguese versions).

For some time now, I've had an issue visualising field codes (e.g. for tables of contents) / hyperlinks.

I know it's easy enough to "select all" and right click on what I suppose in the English version would be something like "toggle field codes"/"select hyperlinks" (or alternatively alt + F5) , but that doesn't alter the irritating fact I have to do it again every time I open the same or a different document.

I suppose something in my default settings must have been changed. Any idea what it is? I'd like to be able to visualise it normally again from the outset and not in code.

FWIW, I recently installed Dragon Naturally Speaking (preferred version 9, mobile edition) and that is working fine, but can't for the life of me remember whether this actually started before or after that (i.e. if it could impact on it at all). Otherwise, nothing else has changed.

TIA
Debs

[Edited at 2007-08-12 14:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Hi Debs Aug 12, 2007

Have you tried Tools > Options, View tab, checking the "Field codes"? It's in the first "Show" section, right column.

I hope this helps.

Henry

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:44
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Um abraço virtual Aug 12, 2007

... literally: a virtual hug

Simple as that, it worked

Many thanks
Debs

[Edited at 2007-08-12 15:26]

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
My pleasure, Debs Aug 12, 2007

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visualising field codes/hyperlinks in Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs