On-screen page numbers disappeared from Word
Thread poster: Armorel Young
Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
German to English
Oct 21, 2007

My Word documents always had a little box at the bottom saying something like "page 5/37", which told you what page of the document you were working on. (I'm referring to the display of the page numbers on-screen, not to any numbering on the printed document). That information has disappeared and I feel lost without it.

It's possible that it hasn't totally vanished but has simply disappeared behind the Start bar at the bottom of the screen (I did have problems with finding that my
... See more
My Word documents always had a little box at the bottom saying something like "page 5/37", which told you what page of the document you were working on. (I'm referring to the display of the page numbers on-screen, not to any numbering on the printed document). That information has disappeared and I feel lost without it.

It's possible that it hasn't totally vanished but has simply disappeared behind the Start bar at the bottom of the screen (I did have problems with finding that my Word window had gone all small and I needed to re-size it) - but as I can't get "behind" the Start bar I can't find any way to get the bottom of the document back. Any ideas?
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 06:25
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Use 'maximize' command Oct 21, 2007

Normally, if you use the 'maximize' button (at top right of screen), any part of the window hidden behind the task bar etc. ought to be revealed again.

Also note that in certain of the Word display modes (Web, specifically), the page numbers are not displayed in the status bar.

I suppose it is also possible that you have indavertently turned of display of the Word status bar?

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful - that works Oct 21, 2007

Brilliant - you've hit on it exactly. "Maximise" does indeed bring back all those things at the bottom of the page. So simple - and yet I hadn't thought of that because the page was already occupying the whole screen, so there seemed no need to maximise.

Many thanks for such a prompt and helpful answer!

Tony M wrote:

Normally, if you use the 'maximize' button (at top right of screen), any part of the window hidden behind the task bar etc. ought to be revealed again.

Also note that in certain of the Word display modes (Web, specifically), the page numbers are not displayed in the status bar.

I suppose it is also possible that you have indavertently turned of display of the Word status bar?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On-screen page numbers disappeared from Word

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »