Thread poster: Burrell

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 24, 2007

I am proofreading a word document with index which is still bilingual as it needs to be cleaned with Trados. When I received the translated document there was one line in English and under that translated line so basically English and underneath Latvian for all the index.

My knowledge of indexes is very limited. So far I have had to translate two and in both cases once you clean the document with Trados the index magically becomes translated as well. Here however when I cleaned the document the index still stayed bilingual.

I am not quite sure if I have done something wrong (or not done something that I should have done) or the translator has done something wrong. The result sadly is the same - the index does not work.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me with a very simple explanation of what has gone wrong and how to repair this disaster, if possible.

Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:52
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Update index? Nov 24, 2007

I would guess you have to update the index. (Go to Help, and type "Update index".)
Attila

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed with Indexes in Word

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs