Mobile menu

Changing format of Powerpoint print output
Thread poster: Karin Walker
Karin Walker  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
German to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

Since I reinstalled Powerpoint for XP I have not been able to print out PPT slides in landscape format. They always come out in portrait format, and if I don\'t select \"scale to fit\", the right and left sides get cut off, too. I have tried every possible combination of options and tickboxes etc. but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what settings are required to get a landscape A4 printout of a slide? At the moment I am printing \"as Notizzettel\", but that is usually to small to work with properly.

PS This was posted on partnertrans before, but no real results emerged.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is very strange Mar 3, 2003

As PP slides are usually LANDSCAPE.

To be honest, I never have seen a tick box for landscape or portrait in PP.

It seems, that your PowerPoint is not automatically changing the pronter setting. This may be caused by an incompatible printer driver. Check out if you have the newest drvier for your printer and if it is properly set.

I have had some problems (but not of this kind) with Hewlett Packard, Brother and Lexmark printer drivers. Those problems were very different each time, but the were allways causeb by the printer driver.

As you upgraded to XP, I assume you used the native Windows XP driver, which is mostly not the best solution. A printer driver from the printer manufacturer is usually better, but you must pay attention to get a proper driver for Windows XP.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing format of Powerpoint print output

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs