Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 10, 2007

Hi everyone,

I am proofreading a file and whenever I want to save it Word crashes instantaneously. The same happens when I select the file contents and then try to copy them.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Estefanía Dec 10, 2007

I would suggest opening the file in OpenOffice and re-saving as a doc.

Mikhail Makarov  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
English to Russian
I've met with the same problem Dec 11, 2007

Hi Estefania
The same problem: I had Word 2000 installed on my PC when I received a complex Word 2003 file (with contents, illustrations, macroses, etc.) to be translated. The only solution was to install Word 2003. I think that your file is of the next generation of MS Office and, unfortunately, you need the same upgrade.

Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try to reinstall Word? Dec 12, 2007

M$ Word is relatively stable, especially Word 2003 and onwards. What's your OS and Word version? Have you tried to reinstall Word? Are you working with OpenOffice(in Linux)?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File cannot be saved in Word (2003)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs