https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/91573-file_cannot_be_saved_in_word_2003.html

File cannot be saved in Word (2003)
Thread poster: Estefanía González
Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 10, 2007

Hi everyone,

I am proofreading a file and whenever I want to save it Word crashes instantaneously. The same happens when I select the file contents and then try to copy them.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards,

Estefanía

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:10
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Estefanía Dec 10, 2007

I would suggest opening the file in OpenOffice and re-saving as a doc.

Natalia

Mikhail Makarov
Mikhail Makarov  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:10
English to Russian
I've met with the same problem Dec 11, 2007

Hi Estefania
The same problem: I had Word 2000 installed on my PC when I received a complex Word 2003 file (with contents, illustrations, macroses, etc.) to be translated. The only solution was to install Word 2003. I think that your file is of the next generation of MS Office and, unfortunately, you need the same upgrade.

Mikhail

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try to reinstall Word? Dec 12, 2007

M$ Word is relatively stable, especially Word 2003 and onwards. What's your OS and Word version? Have you tried to reinstall Word? Are you working with OpenOffice(in Linux)?

Regards,
Haiyang
Haiyang

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File cannot be saved in Word (2003)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »