Mobile menu

A Xmas miracle! I am receiving Kudoz notifications on a not yet listed email account
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:27
English to German
+ ...
Dec 28, 2007

How is this possible?

I recently switched from DSL to cable. We are talking about two different providers (the phone company and the TV cable company. They hate each other bitterly, there is no such thing as a forwarding service.) I am still in the middle of the transition and right now I maintain a wireless network (phone company DSL) as well as a wireless cable network (cable co.).

The new cable-email address is still web-based until the transition is finalized.

The new email address is not yet listed at all with Proz.com.

Yet I am sporadically receiving Kudoz questions on my new email account. How is this technically possible?

Blows my mind.

Does my laptop require an exorcist?

It's not really a problem, but: HOW COME????

Thanks a ton for input and I wish you all beautiful holidays!

Nicole

[Edited at 2007-12-28 01:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:27
English to Dutch
+ ...
Have you sent anything from your new account? Dec 28, 2007

Because if you have, the address you sent it from will be known to the recipient.
It does not really explain it though, because I think Kudoz notifications are generated automatically.

Spooky!

Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
ProZ knowz all... Dec 28, 2007

They know when you are sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know when you are bad or good,... and they know your new e-mail address too!

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:27
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only on Sundays and Tuesdays... Dec 29, 2007

I only received 7 KudoZ questions to the new account, the rest goes to the old account as it's supposed to be.

Oh well...

?????? Hm...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Xmas miracle! I am receiving Kudoz notifications on a not yet listed email account

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs