Thread poster: Kevin Pfeiffer

Kevin Pfeiffer  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:53
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 22, 2008

Hi all,

I am working on a rough draft of an article using Word (2007), in Draft mode, of course. But I can't see how to add side margin space to the draft mode without changing the actual margins within the formatted document. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I am wondering, when they changed the name from "Normal" to "Draft," did they not think that users would expect to find a genuine _writing_ tool? Perhaps this option is there and I just have not yet found it, but it seems clear to me that in _draft_ mode the focus should be on the text and not on page layout (especially page margins).

Grateful for any tips,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

adding white space in Word 2007 to Draft mode

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs