OE is removing all the attachments to mail- urgent!
Thread poster: Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:21
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2003

Hi everybody,

I have this urgent problem:

I changed PC\'s temporarely, and every time I get an email with an attachment, I can\'t open the latter and I get a \"OE removed access to the attachment...\"

What do I do now?

Thanks a lot,

Diana

Guy Bray
Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:21
French to English
Options... Mar 30, 2003

Try going to Tools/Options/Security/Virus Protection, and see whether the \"Do not allow attachments...\" box is checked.

Good luck!

Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:21
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A million thanks! Mar 30, 2003

Dear Guy,

I am so grateful! I thought I had searched everywhere, but I probably missed it.

I can´t imagine my professional life without this site and all the great people related to it.

Thank you, again.

Diana

Guy Bray
Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:21
French to English
You're welcome! Mar 31, 2003

But actually, I think I learned that myself from a previous answer on this site.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 01:21
French to English
+ ...
I had the same problem... Mar 31, 2003

...a few days ago with my new computer (see thread \'teething problems: Outlook Express 6\') The wonderful people here on ProZ helped me out in no time.

Meanwhile, I got over the problem temporarily by asking the clients to re-send the attachments. I opened them directly from the server\'s site, and then saved them on my computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OE is removing all the attachments to mail- urgent!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »