Mobile menu

¿en qué directorio de proyecto de Omega T 2.0.1 guardo la memoria TMX?
Thread poster: Rita Tepper

Rita Tepper  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2009

Hola a todos.

Leí todo lo que pude sobre cómo convertir una memoria de Wordfast a tmx nivel 1 para usarla con Omega T. Pude convertir la memoria a tmx usando CSVconverter, lo comprobé con TMXValidator y la memoria es válida. Pero tengo varias dudas:

1) La memoria la guardé como ISO-8859-1. ¿Es correcto? Uso Windows Vista.

2) ¿En qué carpeta del proyecto debo guardarla?

3) ¿Puedo poner varias memorias en esa carpeta?

Agradeceré toda la ayuda que puedan darme.

Rita.

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:19
English to French
+ ...
No comprendo Mar 23, 2009

Could you please post your question in English? This is an English forum and the majority of its readers does not speak Spanish. Otherwise, there is a Spanish-language forum here somewhere...

Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought it was a technical forum Mar 23, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:

Could you please post your question in English? This is an English forum and the majority of its readers does not speak Spanish. Otherwise, there is a Spanish-language forum here somewhere...

Victoria, I need technical support with Omega T. I thought this was a technical forum for all languages, it is difficult to post a technical question in the Spanish language forum.
This forum is specific for Omega T issues. I think that someone who speaks Spanish and has the answer to my question may help me. It is difficult for me to post the question in English as I am a medical translator and my technical expressions may not be adequate.

Thanks.

Rita

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:19
English to French
+ ...
Spanish vs. English forum Mar 23, 2009

I understand your preoccupation, Rita, but the thing is that, by choosing to post in Spanish, you are greatly reducing your chances of getting a solution to the problem you are having. Also, if you do find a solution in Spanish, the rest of the community will not be able to benefit from it.

In cases like yours, the safest and most appropriate bet would be to post a question both in the appropriate English-language tech support forum in English and in the more general Spanish-language forum. That way, you get much better chances of getting a solution to your problem, but you are also contributing to the knowldge base that the forum on this site has become.

I don't mean to contradict you, but the rules on the site also make it mandatory to post in English in all forums that are not language-specific (see http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/7#7 ). It is not a question of the supremacy of English (trust me, that's a reality I deal with daily living in Quebec), but a question of community spirit. If we weren't using a language that is common to all users, then the community would be spread very thin and we wouldn't be getting all the benefits from the use of the site that we are getting now.

I don't speak Spanish, but I may be able to help you with the problem you are experiencing. If you post it in English, I may be able to help, like many of the forum regulars who gladly give pertinent technical advice here.

[Edited at 2009-03-23 17:17 GMT]

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:19
German to English
+ ...
Yahoo forum Mar 23, 2009

Hello Rita, I'm very surprised someone form the OmegaT community had not answer at least one of your posts. You can post questions in any language on the Yahoo OmegaT forum at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/

when I'm sure someone more experienced than me will answer your questions.

I have not been using OmegaT too fully recently but I believe the answers are:

1) Probably better to try UTF-8

2) In the tm directory. Help files:

Translation memories from previous translations can be put into this subdirectory.

3) Yes. Note the plural in the information from the help files.

Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great!! Mar 23, 2009

Robert Tucker wrote:

Hello Rita, I'm very surprised someone form the OmegaT community had not answer at least one of your posts. You can post questions in any language on the Yahoo OmegaT forum at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/

when I'm sure someone more experienced than me will answer your questions.

I have not been using OmegaT too fully recently but I believe the answers are:

1) Probably better to try UTF-8

2) In the tm directory. Help files:

Translation memories from previous translations can be put into this subdirectory.

3) Yes. Note the plural in the information from the help files.

Thanks Robert for your reply. You've been really helpful.

Rita

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Algunas respuestas Mar 25, 2009

Un usario me ha infomado que uso de ISO-8859-1 provoca problemas. Como Robert dice, usar UTF-8 es la más segura solución.

Se puede ponerlos en /tm del proyecto u en la cualquiera carpeta que indicarás en las propriedades del proyecto (aprieta Ctrl+E para cambiarlos).

P.S. Yo aconsejaría leer el manual atentamente, él tiene respuestas a muchas preguntas.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Algunas respuestas Mar 25, 2009

Un usario me ha infomado que uso de ISO-8859-1 provoca problemas. Como Robert dice, usar UTF-8 es la más segura solución.

Se puede ponerlos en /tm del proyecto u en la cualquiera carpeta que indicarás en las propriedades del proyecto (aprieta Ctrl+E para cambiarlos).

P.S. Yo aconsejaría leer el manual atentamente, él tiene respuestas a muchas preguntas.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

¿en qué directorio de proyecto de Omega T 2.0.1 guardo la memoria TMX?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs