Mobile menu, what it is it with...
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
Danish to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2008

I've noticed that people other than me have problems with this site. My license expired about two years ago, and I would like to renew. I e-mailed a couple of times, try to call an expired phone number, and yet another number with a message that no one is going to pick up the phone, not now, not ever

Going through the motions, I get stuck when my password is expired, to get a new one, you must answer a question, to which I have no answer. This is truly frustrating. It's a good site, and Lord knows they keep sending me weekly newsletters, so this is completely out of sync.

1) can someone provide a working phone number for these guys.
2) is there a sure-fire recipe for renewing one's license.

Like one of the commenters, I also at one point got a web page with no access written all over it.

One reason I prefer a license, which is not all that expensive, is besides having access to technical dictionairies to avoid annoying advertisements drop right down and even block the search entry field.

Please respond in English if you can. It takes me longer to read a Polish message.

Much grateful,

[Edited at 2008-12-03 15:09 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Elzbieta Pulawska  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:07
English to Polish
+ ...
Contact page Dec 3, 2008

At this address,,,EN,kontakt.html you will fing a contact form (e-mail) and contact data (address, tel number) for in English. Hope it helps.

Danish to English
+ ...
Phone number in contact not working from abroad. Dec 3, 2008

Thanks, this is what i find:
I am having a problem calling that number, i.e., infolinia.

I assume it should be composed like this: +48 801 080 200, however I get a message saying in German: Diese Nummer wird nich auf diesem Server unterstützt. So, is it a working phone number?

I'll try the online reply form, and see what happens.

Actually, I just did, and now this happens:

"Prosze wprowadzic tresc poprawnie." I have no clue what i did wrong. Maybe it does not like English message content.

Well, apparently it was too long, although only four lines, since sending it as an attachment, and then a short message about seeing the attachment in the content box worked.

By the way, another thing, the link provides for unsubscribing merely directs you to their web page, where you can then browse through all the clutter to hopefully find a real link for that. Odd, is it not? I already have them coming in on a different e-mail, and wanted to avoid duplication.

ul. Gabrieli Zapolskiej 44 30-126 Kraków
Infolinia nr.: 0 801 080 200
faks: 012 277 40 67

udziela informacji mailowo i telefonicznie od poniedziałku do piątku
w godzinach 8.00-20.00.

[Edited at 2008-12-03 16:32 GMT]

English to Polish
+ ...
some thoughts Dec 3, 2008 is currently the no.1 portal in Poland. It's like a big daily paper with dozens of journalists. I can't imagine chaos there.

Yes, if you've lost the password, and don't remember the answer to the question, a real problem starts.

Here's a discussion in Polish.

People say on that thread:
"Start a new free account."
or "All free accounts have the option "remind me the password by email". Hm?

I once removed totally my onet email account and this wasn't easy.
I have some notes from that day:

Page: profile
Your data - unregister
Your login has been unregistered
Your login: (=your full email address)
All information about you contained in our bases has been deleted.

That's how you delete your email account on onet.(2005)

Sonja Stankowski  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try this Dec 3, 2008

Grupa S.A.

Office in Krakow Office in Warsaw:
Gabrieli Zapolskiej 44 Street 166 Wiertnicza Street
30-126 Krakow, Poland 02-952 Warsaw, Poland
tel. +48 (12) 277 40 00 tel. +48 (22) 453 31 00
fax +48 (12) 277 40 02 fax +48 (22) 453 31 31
How to find us? How to find us?

Danish to English
+ ...
Telephone snafus Dec 4, 2008

Thanks for the telephone number, but sadly, it is problematic. You do get an English line, but you get the distinct feeling that no-one really understands a word you are saying. This is after being put on hold for minutes to the tune of jingles, etc. I guess they just hang up in embarrassment.

Oh, well, too bad. It was an excellent online resource, when it lasted.
Seems like I always have communication problems with Eastern or Middle European countries. I am left wondering, why nobody bothers answering my e-mails. How enormous can this place really be?

Upon trying calling again and after an unspecified amount of time on hold, I got the message: We are sorry but we cannot answer your call at this time!

[Edited at 2008-12-04 09:04 GMT]

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Big = inefficient Dec 4, 2008

This is not going to be of much help, but here's my story:

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago (forgot password, no idea what the answer to the question was etc.).

I sent in a suppport request and they e-mailed me a form to fill out, about 5 pages long (I kid you not), asking for all kinds of details, ID document scans and God knows what else.

So I did the only sensible thing - I waited about a year and let the account expire, then set up a new one, identical to the old one. It worked. I just kept checking if the address is available.

If you love Onet that much, set up a new account. Or wait like I did.

After a while, I said to myself, damn security, and wrote out all my passwords by hand on a piece of paper. Whenever I sign in to a new service, I just add the relevant details to the piece of paper.

NMH (not much help )

Danish to English
+ ...
Winding down or gearing up? Dec 4, 2008

Okay, that's encouraging, not!

Actually, this morning I had better luck. So, now someone will apparently help me out with it through personal e-mail correspondence at

Btw, I enjoy watching the 24 news service in Polish that we get on Dish network, the satellite provider. Very technologically advanced, so it's not like Poland is some kind of cyber backcountry.

To close this thread, I can mention that I was contacted 15 hours ago by
Biuro Obsługi Klienta Grupa S.A.
tel. +48 12 26 00 200
fax: +48 12 277 40 67
For some odd reason their note went straight to the spam folder courtesy of g-mail, which I've just set up.

The solution to the problem as they explained lies in not accepting Tak (yes) which is preselected on one screen, rather select Nie. This will skip the option of having to log in.
So there...

Thanks for the kind assistance of all.

[Edited at 2008-12-05 01:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request », what it is it with...

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs