Biuro Tlumaczen
Thread poster: Ruxi

Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
May 4, 2004

Dear Polish colleagues

I'm sorry that I am writing in English,but I need your help and do not know your language.
I got a mail from a "Biuro Tlumaczen" (don't have the proper signs of your language.
Can you tell me if it is a Translation Office?
And can you tell me what zo.o for a company means. I already assume, but I am not sure.
It is about a translation they need and I want to make sure it is something seriuous.
I am rather fearfull.
Please, don't feel offended.

Thank you,
Ruxi

Direct link Reply with quote

Kasia Ziolek
Local time: 11:06
English to Polish
+ ...
Translation office May 4, 2004

You are right. Biuro tłumaczeń is just a Translation Office. Sp. z o.o. means Ltd.

Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Biuro tlumaczen: May 4, 2004

Yes, it is "Translation Office" Sp. z o.o. means that this is a limited company.

If you want to check the company's payment practices you try this list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pl-p-t/

Regards,

Romuald

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Agree with Kasia and Romuald May 4, 2004

now, why don't you post the company's details on the blue board?
Then wait and see what experience other colleagues had with this particular client.

Hope all goes well
Take care
-Agnieszka-

Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all May 5, 2004

Thank you all for your kind answers.
I was asked abou the blue board. I am not a platinum member,so I can not access it.
Thank you once again,

Ruxi

[Edited at 2004-05-05 17:27]

lim0nka  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:06
Member (2004)
English to Polish
why not? May 5, 2004

Ruxi wrote:

Thank you all for your kind answers.
I was asked abou the blue board. I am not a platinum member,so I can not access it.

You can access the Blue Board but you have to pay for it with your brownies. 50 brownies for each company. If it is not on the list, you can add it and ask for comments.

Anetta

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Forum Rules May 5, 2004

Dear Ruxi,

Please be reminded that ProZ.com forum rules do not allow to exchange comments about clients - the Blue Board is the proper place to do so.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Best,
Magda
PL Forum Moderator

Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am sorry... May 5, 2004

I am sorry, I didn't know such a rule, I have deleted the name.I didn't say anything wrong about it.
Still it is something not fair and I will write to the forum founder.
I won't disturb you any longer.
It is so difficult, I received a mail from somebody and I can not even know if it exists and if it is something serious. I couldn't find anything about it.
Anybody can write to anybody through ProZ without logging in and put a name and an adress.How can I be sure it is not another thing? It is a matter of security of people here.
So many things happen these days through Internet.
Regarding BrowniZ points,I have only few and need them to get jobs.
Well, so it is, beginners have to pay and endure.

You are not guilty,

Ruxi

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Hi again, May 5, 2004

Thanks, Ruxi, for immediate reaction and complying with the forum rules. I really appreciate it.

Ruxi wrote:

It is so difficult, I received a mail from somebody and I can not even know if it exists and if it is something serious. I couldn't find anything about it.
Anybody can write to anybody through ProZ without logging in and put a name and an adress.How can I be sure it is not another thing? It is a matter of security of people here.
So many things happen these days through Internet.

You are very right on this point and I agree that it is necessary for us, freelancers, to take all possible precautions before we take a job, especially if it comes via internet, from an outsourcer we don’t know. However, we also need a reliable information on outsourcer, don’t we? We wouldn’t like to base our judgments on hearsay or unconfirmed information. That is why the Blue Board was created: a structured forum where only those who actually has worked for a given outsourcer have the right to evaluate them and they rate them according to one only criterion: their willingness to work for the outsourcer again. This makes the BB far more reliable source of information then a general forum discussion where participants could post their opinions even without any justification.

Regarding BrowniZ points,I have only few and need them to get jobs.
Well, so it is, beginners have to pay and endure.

I think Romuald gave you a good link above: the yahoo based Polish payment practices list. It is free and you can write your question in English. Since you are inquiring about a Polish agency, there are good chances that members of this list would know them.

The beginners life is indeed difficult but don’t give up, you are on the right track and I’m sure things will get better for you

Best of luck,

Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Biuro Tlumaczen

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums