Thread poster: Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:44
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I hope someone can help me.
I am currently working for a Polish agency and I have some suspicion about getting paid. I am about to hand in the last job for a big client and afterwards, I assume, they won't need me as desperately so this could be a good chance for this agency to get a translation and avoid paying.I asked for a copy of bank transfer document,since they said they'd already made the transfer but it is taking ages to app
... See more
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I hope someone can help me.
I am currently working for a Polish agency and I have some suspicion about getting paid. I am about to hand in the last job for a big client and afterwards, I assume, they won't need me as desperately so this could be a good chance for this agency to get a translation and avoid paying.I asked for a copy of bank transfer document,since they said they'd already made the transfer but it is taking ages to appear in my account. I'd like to know what the document actually says,but unfortunately I don't speak any Polish.
I'd really appreciate it if someone could translate the phrase from the bank document so that I had more certainty about the transfer.

Here it comes:
Szczegóły przelewu zagranicznego
W tabeli znajdziesz szczegółowe informacje na temat wskazanego przez Ciebie, zarejestrowanego przelewu
zagranicznego. Jeśli chcesz zobaczyć szczegóły innych przelewów, powróć do listy przelewów zagranicznych i
wybierz nowy klikając w jego numer referencyjny.

Thanks in advance.

Austra Muizniece
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:44
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
There is nothing specific, unfortunately Jan 17, 2005

austra muizniece wrote:

Here it comes:
Szczegóły przelewu zagranicznego
W tabeli znajdziesz szczegółowe informacje na temat wskazanego przez Ciebie, zarejestrowanego przelewu
zagranicznego. Jeśli chcesz zobaczyć szczegóły innych przelewów, powróć do listy przelewów zagranicznych i
wybierz nowy klikając w jego numer referencyjny.

Details of a foreign bank transfer
The table contains detailed information on a selected, registered foreign bank transfer. If you want to see details of other transfers, return to the list of foreign bank transfers and select a new one by clicking its reference number.

Austra Muizniece

Seems to be a screnshot or a printed confirmation from an Internet banking system...If there are real data - your data -, including the due amount, date of transfer etc., it could be a proof.

Regards
Andrzej

P.S. A real confirmation should contain something like this:

Wygenerowane elektronicznie potwierdzenie wykonania przelewu. Dokument sporządzony na podstawie art. 7 Ustawy Prawo Bankowe (Dz.U.Nr 140 z 1997 roku, poz.939 z późniejszymi zmianami). Nie wymaga podpisu ani stempla.
Electronically generated transfer confirmation. A document prepared according to the article 7 of Banking Law [...]. Does not require either a signature or a stamp.

[Edited at 2005-01-17 12:59]

Wit
Wit  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
and more technical comment Jan 17, 2005

well it seems to be an excerpt from the web page with all the information about the money transfers made from the account.

Your fragment goes like this:

"The international transfer details
In the table you can find the detailed information about the recorded international transfer selected by you. If you want to see the details of another tranfer, go back to the list of international transfers and chose the new one by clicking on its reference number."

... See more
well it seems to be an excerpt from the web page with all the information about the money transfers made from the account.

Your fragment goes like this:

"The international transfer details
In the table you can find the detailed information about the recorded international transfer selected by you. If you want to see the details of another tranfer, go back to the list of international transfers and chose the new one by clicking on its reference number."

Hope it can be of some help. Don't know the delay you suffer but if less than a week has passed since the alleged date you should not bother (yet).

Witek
Collapse

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
BB entry Jan 17, 2005

Dear Austra,

hope everything goes well with the payment.

Would you care to make a BB entry, once the transaction is completed? Thanks.

Best regards,
Agnieszka

Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:44
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Jan 18, 2005

for the help, I also hope this works out:) I will definitely make a BB entry once there are some results.

Austra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would appreciate some help

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »