Thread poster: ANSO
ANSO
ANSO
Local time: 15:29
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jul 2, 2002

Hi there,

I\'ve got a special request. A friend of mine is going to a wedding between a French woman and a Polish man next week-end. He wants to arrange entertainment. He asked me to look for an into Polish translator who would accept to translate for free the small text below:

\"Nous allons avoir besoin de 12 personnes pour participer ŕ un jeu qui permettra aux jeunes mariés de se souvenir de ce beau jour toute l\'année ŕ venir

Nous allons
... See more
Hi there,

I\'ve got a special request. A friend of mine is going to a wedding between a French woman and a Polish man next week-end. He wants to arrange entertainment. He asked me to look for an into Polish translator who would accept to translate for free the small text below:

\"Nous allons avoir besoin de 12 personnes pour participer ŕ un jeu qui permettra aux jeunes mariés de se souvenir de ce beau jour toute l\'année ŕ venir

Nous allons donc demander ŕ X (noms de personnes) de venir nous rejoindre.

Tout le monde s\'assied sur une chaise. 12 personnes. 12 chaises

Au top départ, chacun devra trouver au plus vite l\'objet que nous aurons cité et revenir s\'asseoir sur une chaise. Attention ŕ chacun des tours, une chaise sera retirée et le dernier sera éliminé.

Il devra cependant s\'acquitter d\'un gage qui lui sera confié

Bonne chance ŕ tous.\"

Thanks in advance.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information about the context or the meaning.

All the best,

Anne-Sophie

Collapse

Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
A new category: Free translation, but no KudoZ, please! Jul 3, 2002

I know, in the entire history of the French>Polish SC, only 77 questions have been asked so far. That is not what you call impressive credentials. A massive request like this would give us the jitters on an occasion which should be joyful after all. Plus, only a handful of players participate in this section and some of them (God forbid!) could even become KudoZ leaders of the day. But then, on a joyful day like this, why not asking a KudoZ question for this job?

[ This M
... See more
I know, in the entire history of the French>Polish SC, only 77 questions have been asked so far. That is not what you call impressive credentials. A massive request like this would give us the jitters on an occasion which should be joyful after all. Plus, only a handful of players participate in this section and some of them (God forbid!) could even become KudoZ leaders of the day. But then, on a joyful day like this, why not asking a KudoZ question for this job?

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-03 08:35 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for an Fr > Polish translator

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »