Stypendium w Irlandii
Thread poster: Barbara Gadomska
Dostałam od jednego z wydawnictw, może kogoś zainteresuje:
Ireland Literature Exchange/Idirmhalartán Litríocht Éireann (ILE)
Translation Bursary Programme
Ireland Literature Exchange/Idirmhalartán Litríocht Éireann (ILE) invites applications from literary translators from Spain, Argentina, Russia and Eastern Europe (excluding Romania and Bulgaria*) who wish to spend a period of up to four consecutive weeks in Ireland during 2007, working on the translation of a work of modern Irish literature.
Ireland Literature Exchange is a state-funded organisation which is responsible for promoting Irish literature abroad.
The bursary is open to experienced literary translators from any of the countries listed above, who are not resident in Ireland, and who are engaged in the translation of a work for which a publisher's contract has already been secured, or for which a publisher’s contract will be secured at the time of residency. Applications will be welcomed from translators translating from either English or Irish to the target language.
The bursary will cover accommodation, board and living costs. All necessary arrangements will be made by ILE. A contribution will also be made towards reasonable travel expenses.
Please note that bursaries will be arranged for periods which are convenient for both Ireland Literature Exchange and bursary recipients. NB: bursaries will not be awarded for the month of August.
Eligible candidates are invited to apply in writing by Friday, March 23rd 2007 to:
Sinéad Mac Aodha
Ireland Literature Exchange
(Translation Bursary Programme)
25 Denzille Lane
Applications must include the following:
1. Full personal and contact details, including date of birth, address, telephone number and email address.
2. A brief CV detailing qualifications and translation work to date, including the publisher and date of publication where applicable.
3. A brief outline of the work to be carried out during the residency.
4. A copy of a contract with the publisher for the translation in question, signed by both parties.
5. An estimate of travel expenses (in euro only). Candidates not requiring a contribution towards travel expenses should state this in their application.
6. An indication of the preferred period of residency during the period April 2007 to December 2007.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday, March 23rd 2007 The successful candidate will be notified by Thursday April 12th, 2007.
Queries should be addressed to Sinéad Mac Aodha at the above address, or emailed with the subject line ‘Translation Bursary Programme 2007’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
The published translation should, on the proof page, carry a note from the translator or publisher, acknowledging ILE’s support for a period of research in Ireland.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a certificate of good health and evidence of travel insurance cover for the period of their stay in Ireland.
* These territories will receive special attention this year - a call for bursaries will be sent out to these specific territories in the latter half of 2007.
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »