Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Is the WWA feedback you have received visible in your profile?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:33
Italian to English
+ ...
To Nesrin Jul 2, 2008

Nesrin wrote:

That's what it says on my page - an option that the poll should have included, in my opinion.
It's not that I haven't received feedback yet. I've just never asked for any and don't plan to do so. So I chose Other-N/A.

Your clients can post a WWA without you having asked them to - this has happened to me. So whether you have asked for feedback or not is actually irrelevant! Of course, you're always free not to display your WWAs to other people.

Saifa (X)
Saifa (X)
German to French
+ ...
Other Jul 2, 2008

I disabled the WWA function, as I want to keep the name of my clients confidential and I do not consider WWA a meaningful marketing tool.

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
I'd prefer to still be able to use the Project History Jul 2, 2008

Özden Arıkan wrote:

2) I don't consider WWA a meaningful marketing tool, because it doesn't give me the opportunity to provide any substantial information on what I have done. Therefore, I prefer using the Project History tool and list my important projects together with valuable and relevant information like the subject field, volume, dates, styles, specialized knowledge, maybe formatting and CAT skills, etc., and yes, together with comments from clients whose names I can still keep confidential.

I recently tried to update my Project History on my profile and found that I just couldn't do so because the system would not recognise that I had entered my language pair. I registered a support question which never got properly answered and was closed without resolving the problem. So I used WWA instead, though I find it unsatisfactory for the reasons given by Özden Arıkan and because of confidentiality. Very annoying.

Mary Georgina Hardinge
Mary Georgina Hardinge  Identity Verified
Spain
ditto Jul 2, 2008

Nesrin wrote:

It's not that I haven't received feedback yet. I've just never asked for any and don't plan to do so. So I chose Other-N/A.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:33
SITE STAFF
Using the Project History feature Jul 2, 2008

Hello B D Finch,

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty using the Project History feature. I am looking at the support request you mention; it looks like I would still need some information from you in order to help you add a project if you are still unable to do so. Support requests may be closed if there is no response from the asker, or if the issue is deemed to have been addressed fully, but ultimately it is the asker who decides if the matter has been completely resolved or no
... See more
Hello B D Finch,

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty using the Project History feature. I am looking at the support request you mention; it looks like I would still need some information from you in order to help you add a project if you are still unable to do so. Support requests may be closed if there is no response from the asker, or if the issue is deemed to have been addressed fully, but ultimately it is the asker who decides if the matter has been completely resolved or not. As I state in your support request, please feel free to re-open it with the details of the project you wish to enter and I'll be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Tommaso Benzi
Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 10:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Nice tool Jul 2, 2008

Personally I love WWA because I can use it to show potential new clients the feedback I received from other agencies, instead of telling them to call/email some PM who might not always be willing to reply email/phone calls from strangers (many times, competitors).
I don't really see how showing my client list can be prejudicial to my business: you can also see who I work with by checking my Blueboard entries, for instance. I'm more than happy to make my WWA visible: it means that my client
... See more
Personally I love WWA because I can use it to show potential new clients the feedback I received from other agencies, instead of telling them to call/email some PM who might not always be willing to reply email/phone calls from strangers (many times, competitors).
I don't really see how showing my client list can be prejudicial to my business: you can also see who I work with by checking my Blueboard entries, for instance. I'm more than happy to make my WWA visible: it means that my clients value me and are satisfied with my work.

Tommaso
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Is the WWA feedback you have received visible in your profile?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »