Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Poll: What is the view from your workspace?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:11
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Houses, trees and words Jan 10, 2009

As they say in the military: "Eyes RIGHT!"

and "Eyes FRONT! http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/429603/Random_summary

See more
As they say in the military: "Eyes RIGHT!"

and "Eyes FRONT! http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/429603/Random_summary

Collapse

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
How do you upload pictures? Jan 10, 2009

How do you upload pictures? I'd like to upload mine also.

TIA

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Uploading pix Jan 10, 2009

Hi Penelope,

First you have to save your pix somewhere on the net (your Proz web space or on a server such as Photobucket, MySpace or similar). Then you just copy the image code (IMG) into your post. Read more here: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/images/_IMG_SRC.html

HTH

Chris

[Edited at 2009-01-10 15:17 GMT]

Melanie Nassar
Melanie Nassar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:11
German to English
+ ...
The little town of Bethlehem... Jan 10, 2009

... including the spire of the Church of the Nativity.
The little town now has a population of around 30,000.

Efi Maryeli (X)
Efi Maryeli (X)  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 03:11
English to Greek
+ ...
Not near a window, but in the middle of a big farm Jan 10, 2009

My office (which is the kitchen table, really) is not near a window, but I only have to make three steps to view either the panoramic view of a mountain or the farm in the middle of which my house is built.

Efi

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
The view from my working table Jan 10, 2009

Although the view from my office is quite nice, I prefer working at home on the terrace. Here are some pics of the view:

terrace1

terrace2

terrace3

At 15 minutes of "cliffhanging" of our house:

... See more
Although the view from my office is quite nice, I prefer working at home on the terrace. Here are some pics of the view:

terrace1

terrace2

terrace3

At 15 minutes of "cliffhanging" of our house:

behindhouse
Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:11
Danish to English
+ ...
depends Jan 10, 2009

My vies depends on which window I look out of.
One window shows street and forrest and hill behind the house.
The other windows shows lake, forrest and mountains across the lake.
suz

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
The Sainte Victoire Jan 10, 2009

I overlook a vineyard and land that gently slopes down to the medieval town of Trets. I see the old unfinished church bell tower and beyond the town, I see the Ste Victoire Mountain that Paul Cézanne loved to paint.

Rachel Mackay
Rachel Mackay  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
The Regents Canal Jan 10, 2009

I overlook the Regents Canal in north London - so you get to see plenty of ducks, geese and swans, walkers-by and cyclists, canal boats and canoes. If I look out of the window to the left I can see the BT tower in the distance. There's always something going on.

yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:11
French to Russian
+ ...
:( Jan 10, 2009

At work: another work space

At home: in front of me I see wall on the left and on the right from my desk i see BIG snowbanks))

Janet Ross Snyder
Janet Ross Snyder  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:11
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
A Panorama Jan 11, 2009

From the window on the left, I see the neighbor's black spruce hedge row and their hay meadow. From the window in front of the computer, I see our barn and the occasional squirrel or bird. From the window on the right, I see open fields, which were planted to corn in the summer, where flocks of snow geese stop to feed during migration and where snowmobile riders whiz by, now that the ground is covered with snow. If I step out onto the deck, I can see the church towers which support the microwav... See more
From the window on the left, I see the neighbor's black spruce hedge row and their hay meadow. From the window in front of the computer, I see our barn and the occasional squirrel or bird. From the window on the right, I see open fields, which were planted to corn in the summer, where flocks of snow geese stop to feed during migration and where snowmobile riders whiz by, now that the ground is covered with snow. If I step out onto the deck, I can see the church towers which support the microwave antenna which transmits my internet service to me.Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 18:11
English to Spanish
Mine Jan 11, 2009

Not a bad view, though.

Sometimes, I think I have direct communication with God through that high and powerful antenna in front of my window, because I am listened!

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:11
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
A greenbelt with pathways, lawn and over a dozen trees Jan 11, 2009

It is SOOOO gratifying to read about the beautiful settings that we have created for ourselves. This is what free-lancing is all about.

I couldn't upload my photo.

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
driveway, car, garden and usually a cat or two Jan 11, 2009

I have a window in my office, but it's behind me and the view (of the sky and our neighbors' roof and trees beyond the garden wall) is mostly blocked by the plants that are on the window sill. However, I can see our driveway and part of the garden by just turning my head and looking out the front window in the adjoining living room.

Here's the view (with one of the cats and the snow we got the other day).

See more
I have a window in my office, but it's behind me and the view (of the sky and our neighbors' roof and trees beyond the garden wall) is mostly blocked by the plants that are on the window sill. However, I can see our driveway and part of the garden by just turning my head and looking out the front window in the adjoining living room.

Here's the view (with one of the cats and the snow we got the other day).

Collapse

Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Cologne Cathedral Jan 11, 2009

My working place is located on a street with lots of traffic, but with lots of trees as well. And in the background I can spot the Cologne Cathedral.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the view from your workspace?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »