Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Poll: What is your main source of happiness in life?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:36
English to Italian
everything Feb 13, 2009

Well, my girlfriend, my children, my studies, my job, my music, the book I have written, ect. I mean, I look at my life and I have done exactly the things I have always wanted, so this makes me happy. I have never done things because I was supposed to...
Frank Sinatra said "I did it my way", mistakes included I add, but they're mine too.

Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos  Identity Verified
Bolivia
Local time: 13:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Stefie, LD and Dory Feb 13, 2009

LD Luis Daniel my beloved son
Stefanie, my adored "chiquita"
and
Dory my dearest mom, friend, etc. etc....

In summary, the core of my world

Have a nice weekend

Rocío

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
In a nutshell Feb 13, 2009

My loved ones.

That encompassess my SO, my family (parents & siblings), my friends and least but not last, my cat.

Andrea

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
A mixture Feb 13, 2009

Family, friends and hobbies, in almost equal measure.

Gerardo Robles
Gerardo Robles  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
All of these Feb 13, 2009

I chose "Other" because I could not decide on one of the options as my "main" source of happiness.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
My car Feb 13, 2009

Only joking.
My kids of course.
Philippe

Mónica Sauza
Mónica Sauza  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
All in equal measure Feb 13, 2009

As most have alerady mentioned, all of the above; but my daughter is and has always been at the top of my list. My mom, my brothers, my sisters-in-law, my nice and nephew, my very cute dog and all my closest friends who are also my family.

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Mixed Feb 13, 2009

Different phase in life, different focus

It started with my parents,
then came good notes,
then my significant other,
afterwards my children, my work...

But the faith in God has never failed to be a source of joy!

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
My triplets Feb 13, 2009

Definitely my BGG triplets, aged 10.
They have been an amazing source of happiness and fulfilment for the last ten years.

Laura

Lise Leavitt
Lise Leavitt  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Danish to English
+ ...
A combination Feb 13, 2009

My hubby, my cat, my newly found way of making a living, without having to leave my house every night only to return at 2am. The country I have recently become part of. Yes, the sources are various and if you know how to find happiness in things that surround you, without expecting extraordinary events and happenings, you are living a good life

L.

Lise Leavitt
Lise Leavitt  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Danish to English
+ ...
Sinatra Feb 13, 2009

Gianluca Marras wrote:

Well, my girlfriend, my children, my studies, my job, my music, the book I have written, ect. I mean, I look at my life and I have done exactly the things I have always wanted, so this makes me happy. I have never done things because I was supposed to...
Frank Sinatra said "I did it my way", mistakes included I add, but they're mine too.

Love that song...it always touches me!

María Eugenia Wachtendorff
María Eugenia Wachtendorff  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
LIFE Feb 13, 2009

gad wrote:

Although all those things can contribute, my main source of happiness is my own attitude towards those things.

I agree with you, colleage! There is no source of happiness if you are unable to appreciate every single aspect of life and make the most out of it.

Happy weekend to everybody!

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
English to French
+ ...
My job Feb 13, 2009

I may be nuts, but my job is faithful and gratifying, hardly ever disappointing and it allows me to enjoy the rest of my life too (family, friends, hobbies…)

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:36
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Nuts? Feb 13, 2009

Interlangue wrote:

I may be nuts, but my job is faithful and gratifying, hardly ever disappointing and it allows me to enjoy the rest of my life too (family, friends, hobbies…)

I think you are talking pure logic and a lot of sense here. You are not the only person who reasons that way, believe me.

I wish you good, enjoyable business and happiness.

All the best.
Chris

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
A little bit of everything - take two Feb 13, 2009

Well, isn't it obvious that all of those answers apply to all of us to some extent (except for the part about kids - not all of us have them)? But that wasn't the question, from what I understand. The question was which one of those is taking up the most room. The word 'main' doesn't necessarily mean absolute majority, and my interpretation suggests that here, it indeed means relative majority. In short, the question is which is the dominating source of happiness.

Most
... See more
Well, isn't it obvious that all of those answers apply to all of us to some extent (except for the part about kids - not all of us have them)? But that wasn't the question, from what I understand. The question was which one of those is taking up the most room. The word 'main' doesn't necessarily mean absolute majority, and my interpretation suggests that here, it indeed means relative majority. In short, the question is which is the dominating source of happiness.

Most of the possible answers apply to me. But the one that applies most - I seem to be with the relative majority here - is my significant other. He is probably the person I spend the least time with, but that little time matters more than the rest.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your main source of happiness in life?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »