Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: What time do you usually wake up on working days?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 22, 2009

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What time do you usually wake up on working days?".

This poll was originally submitted by M. Laut

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information,
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What time do you usually wake up on working days?".

This poll was originally submitted by M. Laut

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
7:00 Sep 22, 2009

I wake up at 7:00 and get my kids ready to go to school. If I am taking them, I start working at 9:30. If my husband is taking them, I start working at 8:00.

When I had no kids and when they didn't go to school I used to wake up at 7:30.

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
German to English
+ ...
Between 5 and 8 is a long time .. Sep 22, 2009

I normally wake up around 6, courtesy of children and a malfunctioning body clock.

What I wouldn't give for a 'lie-in' until 8!

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
English to French
+ ...
Around 5.00 am Sep 22, 2009

Most days, I wake up (naturally) before 5. Sometimes shortly after.
This used to be my "summer schedule" only but since my son, who lives here, leaves at 6.00 am, my arrangements (and body clock) take his timetable into account as well.

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
5.50 Sep 22, 2009

get up at 5.50 am, breakfast and work. 7.45: wake up my 3 year old boy, get him ready and take him to school.

Kaliamma Ponnan
Kaliamma Ponnan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 04:13
English to Tamil
+ ...
Whether working or not ... Sep 22, 2009

Whether it is a work day or not, as far as possible I wake up before 5. For me this is the best time in the day. Today up at 4 a.m.! Everyone is sleeping and I have the whole sitting room and computer to myself. A time to catch up on emails or read online newspapers or someone's blog.

Some people prefer late nights but for me it is definitely the mornings i..e before 5!

Oleksandr Kupriyanchuk
Oleksandr Kupriyanchuk  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2009)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sometimes I do not go to bed until 5:00 a.m. Sep 22, 2009

Because of... rather THANKS to my clients in CA, OR, WA and BC.

You just get used to that. You have to.

Communications are vital...

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
Why? Sep 22, 2009

Why?

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
Portuguese to English
+ ...
automatic Sep 22, 2009

I'm so programmed, I get up at or before 6am, even on weekends and holidays, and even if I've stayed up until 2am working.

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 13:13
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Way, way, way after 8 AM Sep 22, 2009

Around 2 PM, to be precise. Works wonders with people located in Europe (I'm awake during their normal office hours) - but it gets complicated with doctors' appointments and the like!

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
after 8 am Sep 22, 2009

i'm a night person and since i don't have kids, I live alone, so I don't have to get up early. So it's long after 8 am. However I'm often up working late.

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:13
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
6.45 a.m. Sep 22, 2009

My alarm goes off sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m.… never later than 7:00 a.m. My oldest child has to go to school and she must make it before 7.50 a.m.

So I wake up and wake the rest up too (my child to get dressed, my husband to take her by car), only the baby gets to sleep longer if he doesn't wake up on his own due to the noise, else he sleeps until 8.00 a.m.

I prepare breakfast and a lunchbox, and make sure nothing is missing in that backpack. When they leav
... See more
My alarm goes off sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m.… never later than 7:00 a.m. My oldest child has to go to school and she must make it before 7.50 a.m.

So I wake up and wake the rest up too (my child to get dressed, my husband to take her by car), only the baby gets to sleep longer if he doesn't wake up on his own due to the noise, else he sleeps until 8.00 a.m.

I prepare breakfast and a lunchbox, and make sure nothing is missing in that backpack. When they leave, I am so awake that I start working, that is at about 7.30 a.m.

[Edited at 2009-09-22 12:49 GMT]
Collapse

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Seasonal Sep 22, 2009

In the summer, when school is out, I get up closer to 9am.

In the other seasons, when school is in session, I get up between 6-6:30am in order to take my daughter to school, which starts at 8am.

Why can't there be school for night people and school for morning people?

Jenn Mercer
Jenn Mercer  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2009)
French to English
Not by choice! Sep 22, 2009

I have to get the little one up and drive her to school. And of course, once I have had coffee and breakfast and driven across town and back, I have a hard time getting back to sleep. However, there was one gloomy day last week that I went back to bed after getting back home and slept until noon. It did wonders to restore my sense of well-being. She goes to an excellent school, but it does not have buss service. It is worth it, but I find myself looking forward to when she goes to high school... See more
I have to get the little one up and drive her to school. And of course, once I have had coffee and breakfast and driven across town and back, I have a hard time getting back to sleep. However, there was one gloomy day last week that I went back to bed after getting back home and slept until noon. It did wonders to restore my sense of well-being. She goes to an excellent school, but it does not have buss service. It is worth it, but I find myself looking forward to when she goes to high school.Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Country/hemisphere ... hours 5.00-8.00 am? ... and after 8.00 am? Sep 22, 2009

It would be interesting to know which hemisphere, or even the countries. Australians, for example, generally start their day a couple of hours earlier than in Europe. 8.00 am for them would be a late start.

After 8.00 am is going to be meaningless for people like me: I rarely get up before/at 8.00 am, have been known to get up as late as 11 am:-), and usually get up between 9.00 and 10.00 am. I'm a late owl and prefer to work evenings/nights. If I lived in Ireland I know, for a fact
... See more
It would be interesting to know which hemisphere, or even the countries. Australians, for example, generally start their day a couple of hours earlier than in Europe. 8.00 am for them would be a late start.

After 8.00 am is going to be meaningless for people like me: I rarely get up before/at 8.00 am, have been known to get up as late as 11 am:-), and usually get up between 9.00 and 10.00 am. I'm a late owl and prefer to work evenings/nights. If I lived in Ireland I know, for a fact, that I would start the day earlier.

And the gap between 5.00 am and 8.00 am is huge, considering that first thing in the morning is a key time of the day, when timing tends to be very precise.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What time do you usually wake up on working days?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »