Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Poll: Do you have a blog?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
abbasi
abbasi
Local time: 10:42
English to Urdu
My Blog About Freelancing--Online Work Dec 28, 2011

I own a blog Work Online and Earn Money which aims to help people with valuable information, tips, guides and suggestions for online work.

Odile Breuvart
Odile Breuvart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:42
English to French
+ ...
Aplenty Dec 28, 2011

I love blogs and had a look at all that are featured here. Thank you to those who have communicated them.
I have one which is very personal and multiple others which range from grammar notes to book review to translation site to a literary translation adventure.
The latter below:
http://mysticleeway.blogspot.com/
(If you clik on my profile avatar you will find the other ones)

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:42
German to English
+ ...
The mysteries of language. Dec 28, 2011

Yes, my blog is at http://language-mystery.blogspot.com/
And I am even on Twitter: @Languagemystery

However, I do not use them for constant chatter. Instead, I only post when I feel I have something meaningful to say. On Twitter that is every few days, on the blog it is about every three to six weeks.
Topics I have covered on my blog include:
- Language as a mystery... See more
Yes, my blog is at http://language-mystery.blogspot.com/
And I am even on Twitter: @Languagemystery

However, I do not use them for constant chatter. Instead, I only post when I feel I have something meaningful to say. On Twitter that is every few days, on the blog it is about every three to six weeks.
Topics I have covered on my blog include:
- Language as a mystery
- Language and faith
- Language and the computer
- Absurdities in legal language
- The CAT tool Déjà Vu X2
Collapse

Suzanne Deliscar
Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:42
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Dec 29, 2011

Please see www.suzannedeliscar.blogspot.com.

Power Translate
Power Translate  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Actually I have 3 different ones Dec 30, 2011

I love writing which is one reason why I became a translator in the first place. So, one day last year I started off with some small blog entries because it was one of the features offered by the website host where I had this small website I did for a celebrity. Because I really liked it, I started writing my personal blog on Wordpress. I don't care if anyone reads it to be honest. It's just a fun way of keeping notes of what's important to me at a certain time. A bit like writing a diary which ... See more
I love writing which is one reason why I became a translator in the first place. So, one day last year I started off with some small blog entries because it was one of the features offered by the website host where I had this small website I did for a celebrity. Because I really liked it, I started writing my personal blog on Wordpress. I don't care if anyone reads it to be honest. It's just a fun way of keeping notes of what's important to me at a certain time. A bit like writing a diary which I did for many years.
When I started my professional website a blog was again one of the features offered so I started writing a blog there, too. This is more in regards to translations and I don't want my clients to read what's going on in my personal life so I separate this. It's also a good way of posting news about my company etc. But then, I must admit that I don't update it very often.
Last but not least I changed the website host for my celeb fan website and started using a software which allows me to write a blog entry and it publishes it directly onto the webite. If a lot is going on in the life of my two celebs, then I have a lot to write about.
Collapse

spicz.pl
spicz.pl  Identity Verified
Poland
No, I don't have a blog Dec 30, 2011

Having a blog is, in my opinion, exhibiting yourself to people you not necessarily want to share your knowledge/ experience/ emotions with. I prefer participating in discussions, polls and forums. Besides, blogs appear to me as an artificial form of expressing yourself when you don't have nobody to talk with. People establish blogs, become involved in writing and forget how important and beneficial the real interaction between human beings is. Writing a blog can be fun and also can improve one's... See more
Having a blog is, in my opinion, exhibiting yourself to people you not necessarily want to share your knowledge/ experience/ emotions with. I prefer participating in discussions, polls and forums. Besides, blogs appear to me as an artificial form of expressing yourself when you don't have nobody to talk with. People establish blogs, become involved in writing and forget how important and beneficial the real interaction between human beings is. Writing a blog can be fun and also can improve one's writing skills but it shouldn't become more important than real life. Don't forget about traditional diaries:)Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have a blog?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »