Mobile menu

Poll: What do you think of's new Articles Knowledgebase?
Thread poster: Staff Staff
Local time: 14:35
Jun 23, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What do you think of's new Articles Knowledgebase?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see:

Direct link Reply with quote

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
I hate to say this... Jun 26, 2005

...but my first impression is that a significant number of people (not all, however) seem to post articles with little-to-no valuable content filled with things ranging from their life stories to philosophical beliefs about the world.

I have read about 7 articles (most of them coming from the recommended section) which weren't copied from's Howto section and I wouldn't recommend a single one of them to fellow Prozians.

Perhaps the incentives for posting articles there are a little excessive? Certainly, if I identify a topic on which I feel I could contribute something *helpful and valuable* to other people I will not hesitate to write an article without any reward. Perhaps all the benefits of posting articles force people to sub-conciously adjust their understanding of the terms "valuable" and "helpful"?

Maybe I'm overreacting and it's early days yet...having missed Oxford 2004 I would be very interested to see a full article about risk management by Ralf Lemster, for example. Anyway, I wonder how other people feel...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Paula Durrosier[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What do you think of's new Articles Knowledgebase?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs