Mobile menu

Poll: What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?
Thread poster: Staff Staff
Local time: 16:22
Aug 28, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see:

Direct link Reply with quote

Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
English to Croatian
+ ...
Min. fee for what? Aug 28, 2005

-interpreting - consecutive?
-interpreting - simultaneous?

I've noticed on few occasions before that the poll question isn't that clear. Does anyone moderates poll?

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
+ ...
More options Aug 28, 2005

It might have been a good idea to offer price ranges, e.g.

1) zero EUR
2) below 25 EUR
3) 25-50 EUR
4) 50-75 EUR

and so on.

Also, minimum fees vary according to what kind of job you should carry out (translation, proof-reading etc.), just as Kemal pointed out, and also how urgent the job can be. This poll wasn't among the best ones.

Erik Hansson
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
ProZ profile

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I've entered my minimum fee for 1000 words by mistake... Sep 7, 2005

So I was horrified to find I was right near the most expensive end of the scale, if not actually off it! My mistake!

I charge agencies for a minimum of 30 minutes work - around 7 euros. By the time I have worked out what the job is about, done it and noted invoicing details... it's close!

Occasionally I don't charge at all - if the client is a private person not earning money from a job, then it's just not worth the trouble of invoicing, charging VAT (at 25%, which is horrendous, but that's the law if they're not VAT registered!) and so on.

I tell them they can give a contribution to a good cause if they like and leave it at that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Paula Durrosier[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs