Mobile menu

Poll: Do you think is a good source of new clients?
Thread poster: Staff Staff
Local time: 04:08
Sep 18, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you think is a good source of new clients?".

This poll was originally submitted by Konstantin Kisin

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see:

Direct link Reply with quote

jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:08
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
No comments yet? Sep 29, 2005

Wow, the first to comment, even though this is two weeks old.

I responded No to this poll.

I have found that all of the people who have approached me through with work have offered rates that were far below my current rate.

I do technical translation and I am not reliant upon my translation work for my living. For this reason, I have the luxury of turning down jobs that do not meet my rate.

So far, being a member for, ummmm, 6 years, I have been approached perhaps 6 times with work. I have yet to get a job through Proz.

However, do not think that I am down on Proz. Far from it. I believe this is a fantastic website. I used to be a member of Flefo on Compuserve but have moved here now. It is just that I do not find this forum a place that yields paying work for me.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Paula Durrosier[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think is a good source of new clients?

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs