https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/38694-poll%3A_at_lunchtime_do_you_stop_to_eat_or_carry_on_typing_as_you_eat.html

Poll: At lunchtime, do you stop to eat or carry on typing as you eat?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Nov 5, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "At lunchtime, do you stop to eat or carry on typing as you eat?".

This poll was originally submitted by Paula Gayol

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more info
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "At lunchtime, do you stop to eat or carry on typing as you eat?".

This poll was originally submitted by Paula Gayol

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 06:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
It depends on the deadline. Nov 5, 2005

As happens frequently with polls, I have to answer "it depends." Usually I prepare my lunch and (unless my husband is home) eat it on a TV tray while getting my daily dose of world news. If I'm rushing to meet a deadline, however, I still try to fix a proper lunch, but I eat at my desk and keep typing.

BTW,I checked "eat in another room" because that's more frequent, and certainly my preference.

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another choice... Nov 5, 2005

I know this is quite bad and all that, but I do postpone lunch hour, which is always conditioned by deadlines with California (we are 9 hours ahead and most of my deadlines with California fall right in the middle of the afternoon, 5:30 pm). So many times I don't have lunch until I have "solved" my delivery.

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:10
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
eat and translate Nov 5, 2005

I was about to hit "submit" after selecting "I eat in another room", and then I realized that I was eating corn flakes while voting!
But honestly, when I'm not very busy I do have lunch in another room.
Maria

[Edited at 2005-11-06 00:35]

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:10
English to Polish
No lunch break habit Nov 5, 2005

Since there is no lunch break in my country, I never grew to have it - a short, 10 - 15 minutes break for eating something is enough, and usually I don't like wasting my time for eating only, so I eat and type.

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:10
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
More snacks than proper lunch Nov 6, 2005

Hi!

In my case, it depends on how much time I have. If I am not in a rush, I stop and have proper/decent lunch lying on the couch while I watch the news/soap opera. If I am in a rush, I just have "mate"/Coca Cola Light and a snack. But it is always easier carrying a tray than laying the table.

Generally I am five hours behind my clients and I'd rather sleep than eat!

Cheers,
Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: At lunchtime, do you stop to eat or carry on typing as you eat?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »