Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you replace your keyboard? Every...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:43
French to Portuguese
+ ...
N/A to me May 31, 2006

I've changed my keyboard to a wireless one about two months ago but it was a gift from my husband.

He was fed up with the noise my old keyboard used to make (he complained he culdn't sleep when I was working at night) and so he bought me this wireless keyboard+mouse set, although I still use my old mouse because the new one gets stuck sometimes.

Unfortunately for him, this keyboard is also noisy when I'm writing. I also type very fast, thatr must be why the noise is eve
... See more
I've changed my keyboard to a wireless one about two months ago but it was a gift from my husband.

He was fed up with the noise my old keyboard used to make (he complained he culdn't sleep when I was working at night) and so he bought me this wireless keyboard+mouse set, although I still use my old mouse because the new one gets stuck sometimes.

Unfortunately for him, this keyboard is also noisy when I'm writing. I also type very fast, thatr must be why the noise is even louder.
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Twice a year May 31, 2006

We usually change keyboards every six months or so.

However, right now I have a keyboard with a touch pad build in it and with wrist pad for comfortable support and rest. It is one of the best keyboards I have ever had and I am not sure if I will change it when the six month is completely over (almost!)

My husband is trying to convince me to buy another one, but I love this one. (I think he wants to add on the excitement of shopping new computer toys.)

Ev
... See more
We usually change keyboards every six months or so.

However, right now I have a keyboard with a touch pad build in it and with wrist pad for comfortable support and rest. It is one of the best keyboards I have ever had and I am not sure if I will change it when the six month is completely over (almost!)

My husband is trying to convince me to buy another one, but I love this one. (I think he wants to add on the excitement of shopping new computer toys.)

Even when I buy a new one, I will buy the same thing.

Monika
Collapse

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 02:43
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
If it ain't broke, don't fix it May 31, 2006

I try to live by that saying, though I am sometimes tempted. I bought a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard over a year ago. It fits my big hands very well and has a delayed touch. I also like the built in hot keys it has. I keep all other keyboards that have come with various computers as spares. You never know...

Reed

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:43
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
My solution May 31, 2006

Aurora Humarán wrote:
Scrabble time: I had to go to my workmate's desk to see the right position of each of the letters!!! (sad for a translator not to know what to do with letters! )

I took a picture of the keyboard before.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you replace your keyboard? Every...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »