Poll: Have you attended powwows in the last year?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 31, 2006

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you attended powwows in the last year?".

This poll was originally submitted by Romina Bona

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information,
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you attended powwows in the last year?".

This poll was originally submitted by Romina Bona

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Katharine Prucha
Katharine Prucha  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:49
Italian to English
+ ...
I highly recommend them! Aug 31, 2006

I've gone to 2 powwows - my first and second - and found them to be lots of fun. It was helpful to meet other translators and compare "notes" - I was able to get suggestions for certain issues - and it made feel as if I truly have "colleagues" out there - which as we all know, is a good feeling in a field which can tend to be isolating. I travelled 1 hour to the first one and 3 hours to the second - but it was well worth it!

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:49
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Powwows are great! Aug 31, 2006

Last week we had the largest powwow ever in Buenos Aires, as 181 ProZians gathered in a great party of eating and drinking, networking and dancing.

I have been to about 25 powwows so far and I have organized a few. Once I travelled 1200 km for a powwow in Mendoza, and I would do it again.

Powwows are great!

Enrique

Gabor Kun
Gabor Kun  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
ProZactivity and powwow attendance Aug 31, 2006

When I had just voted, the stats were cca. 14.4% both for "one" and "several". Now the percentage for "several" is less than 8%. It seems that users who attended several powwows voted soon after the poll appeared.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
one attended, one organised Sep 1, 2006

I attended a powwow in Florence last year. I was really shy at the beginning, but as the day went on I was really glad I had travelled to be there.
I also organised a powwow in Rome in March, and despite the city being invaded by thousands of runners for the Rome Marathon, it was a wonderful experience for networking and meeting new friends.
Go for it! It's great fun

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I voted several because I attended 2 Sep 1, 2006

One of them was the one in Rome organized by Daniela, for which I travelled 600 km and it was great!!
I also attended the Milano powoww very close to my hometown and it was great too.

I higlhly recommend to attend powows it is a very nice experience,

Thank you Daniela, thank you Edoardo

My 2 cents

Angioletta

[Edited at 2006-09-01 10:27]

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Lucky you Sep 1, 2006

Enrique wrote:

Last week we had the largest powwow ever in Buenos Aires, as 181 ProZians gathered in a great party of eating and drinking, networking and dancing.

I am really sad because I couldn't attend that great event, I hope to be able to attend the Edinburgh conference, and I hope to meet

Enrique, Henry, Ralf, Giuliana, Angela etc. etc..

Have a nice week end !!

Angio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you attended powwows in the last year?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »