Mobile menu

Poll: How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 18:33
SITE STAFF
Oct 17, 2006

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Fiamma Lolli
Italy
Local time: 03:33
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
This poll (like some others) should permit multiple responses. Oct 17, 2006

I'm a new user (a month or less) and I appreciate this way of discussing issues referred to the site itself.
In my experience, I've called for the moderator once (Gianfranco) and he has been very helpful and quick. But it is a week or more I'm waiting to know what happened with some glossaries I posted: they have been vetted? Or not, and why? I did not receive the slightest answer.
Even the KudoZ points, sometime they are up-to-dated in few hours, sometimes it takes 24h or more, and I can't understand why. More or less the same thing happens with Browniz, if I look in my profile they are, for instance, 1000, but on the main page they are less. It takes quite a bit of time for the two numbers to coincide. It cannot depend, I think, from my workstation or connection, I work with a last generation one and with ADSL.
But, on the other hand, I must admit that the way in which the staff members cope with the astonishing amount of inputs and outputs they (you!) receive every few seconds flabbergasts me.
Therefore I can't answer this poll, for I would answer excellent or good for some facets, normal or poor for others.
Sorry for my English, here and there a bit weak, but it is not my native language.
Have a nice poll-day!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:33
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Good but has got slower Oct 17, 2006

The speed of response has certainly decreased in the 2+ years I've been here.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:33
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Three different services Oct 17, 2006

Fiamma Lolli wrote:
In my experience, I've called for the moderator once (Gianfranco) and he has been very helpful and quick.


Thank you. All moderators try to help the members as fast as possible, and in that occasion I was probably fast, but it may not be always possible.


Fiamma Lolli wrote:
But it is a week or more I'm waiting to know what happened with some glossaries I posted: they have been vetted? Or not, and why? I did not receive the slightest answer.

Here you are referring to the Support service, and I believe the poll is about that service only (run with paid staff), not the moderators (who are volunteers).

Regarding the specific issue, I believe that personal glossaries do not require any kind of vetting, so I'm uncertain about what the problem was, or if it has been presented to the Support system.


Fiamma Lolli wrote:
Even the KudoZ points, sometime they are up-to-dated in few hours, sometimes it takes 24h or more, and I can't understand why. More or less the same thing happens with Browniz, if I look in my profile they are, for instance, 1000, but on the main page they are less. It takes quite a bit of time for the two numbers to coincide. It cannot depend, I think, from my workstation or connection, I work with a last generation one and with ADSL.


The point totals are recalculated only once per day. During the day the total shown may differ from the effective total.
The mechanism is an automatic recalculation that happens in the hours where the site has less traffic and obviously it has nothing to do with the Support service.


bye
Gianfranco



[Edited at 2006-10-17 16:00]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:03
German to English
No complaints Oct 17, 2006

I have used the support service three times in the two years I have been registered with ProZ.com and always got a very quick response. The problem was solved within a couple of hours in each case.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 03:33
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Faster support for paying members? Oct 17, 2006

gianfranco wrote:

Here you are referring to the Support service, and I believe the poll is about that service only (run with paid staff), not the moderators (who are volunteers).



Hi Gianfranco!

Is it not one of the benefits of being a paying member that you get faster support service? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick there?

Alison


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 23:33
SITE STAFF
Support Oct 17, 2006

The poll is about the service you receive when you select the last option in the top drop-down menu.

Support tickets are a tool we use to receive complains, questions, requests, suggestions and many other communication functions.

Site members receive preferential service, but we strive to provide proper service to all askers.

We are very interested in the community's perceptions about our quality of service, and in any kind of feedback that may help us improve it.

Regards,
Enrique


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Enrique, Oct 17, 2006

I am not using this tool quite often. But I think the most recent service I have received from you is excellent.

Thanks for your professional help!

Regards,

Betty

Enrique wrote:

The poll is about the service you receive when you select the last option in the top drop-down menu.

Support tickets are a tool we use to receive complains, questions, requests, suggestions and many other communication functions.

Site members receive preferential service, but we strive to provide proper service to all askers.

We are very interested in the community's perceptions about our quality of service, and in any kind of feedback that may help us improve it.

Regards,
Enrique


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
I've gotten good help ... Oct 17, 2006

I recognize that the support staff is busy...what else can they be with so many innovations and changes?

I've had to ask for help twice in the past couple of months, and while nothing has been precisely resolved (through no fault of the staff), I got quick replies and some sympathy, which helps keep the frustration levels down.

I hope that my communications gave them some useful information, too. Some of the problems the staff faces are very complex, and I don't expect miracles.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Timothy Barton
Local time: 04:33
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
I've never used it Oct 18, 2006

Could we change the last answer to "I've never used it"? This is a common mistake on the polls.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:33
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
On the specific point of updating BrowniZ Oct 18, 2006

To Fiamma: you can bring your BrowniZ up to date yourself by clicking on your BrowniZ total in the user info box, which brings up information on your BrowniZ, showing the latest total. Then click the Refresh (IE) or Reload (Firefox et al.) button, and the page will be reloaded showing the latest total in the user info box, which will continue to display the new total thereafter.

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs