Poll: Do you use a specific software to write invoices?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Dec 26, 2006

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you use a specific software to write invoices?".

This poll was originally submitted by Emmanuelle Daburger-Riffault

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run.
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you use a specific software to write invoices?".

This poll was originally submitted by Emmanuelle Daburger-Riffault

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:15
English to Polish
No Dec 26, 2006

I just made a template in OpenOffice Math, fill in numbers and it works perfectly

Anni

Giovany Rodríguez Monsalve
Giovany Rodríguez Monsalve
Colombia
Local time: 18:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, I have one. Dec 26, 2006

It's very, very useful. It help you to obtain a exact number of words and you can get a correct payment. Besides that you can do other things related to payment methods and invoices.

The name of the software is Practicount & invoice.

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:15
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Word and a PDF generator Dec 26, 2006

Quick and easy.

Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:15
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
Yes. Dec 26, 2006

TO3000 and I like it. The best program for such and other accounting and project related things for a translator.

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:15
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
PractiCount and Invoice 3.0 Dec 26, 2006

Yes, I use this program and have been VERY satisfied and pleased with it. I especially like to have the word count feature, since different programs make different sums on counting the words of a text. (eg. Word, Wordfast and Trados can all come up with different counts on the same document). PC&I is no different, but it does allow me to get an even better average which I can base my quotations on!

Then the program is fully customisable: units to charge by, names of all files incl
... See more
Yes, I use this program and have been VERY satisfied and pleased with it. I especially like to have the word count feature, since different programs make different sums on counting the words of a text. (eg. Word, Wordfast and Trados can all come up with different counts on the same document). PC&I is no different, but it does allow me to get an even better average which I can base my quotations on!

Then the program is fully customisable: units to charge by, names of all files included, four different independent fields for surcharges or discounts, in both absloute or percentage form, reads many different file formats, allows full customisation of all templates, so that I can have both Norwegian and English output. Altogether a great program.

The only thing I find missing is an automatic invoice numbering system, which would help keep things more orderly more easily! I have written to Practiline Software about this, and hope they may listen to my plea. If anyone else would care to support me in this, 'twould be a great help!

Season's greetings to you all...

Bill
Collapse

Heike Reagan
Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Excel/Word and PDF Dec 26, 2006

Sounds complicated but I have a job spreadsheet in Excel where I enter all info as soon as I get a job (I almost exclusively have repeat clients, so not much to enter there, just copy and paste), then I merged it with a word doc (both a one-time effort) and then I just select my entry and convert it to PDF. Fast, easy, accurate. I usually invoice based on my client's word count but use either Word or Anycount 6.0 to verify.

I had trial versions of PC&I and TO3000 but wasn't too happ
... See more
Sounds complicated but I have a job spreadsheet in Excel where I enter all info as soon as I get a job (I almost exclusively have repeat clients, so not much to enter there, just copy and paste), then I merged it with a word doc (both a one-time effort) and then I just select my entry and convert it to PDF. Fast, easy, accurate. I usually invoice based on my client's word count but use either Word or Anycount 6.0 to verify.

I had trial versions of PC&I and TO3000 but wasn't too happy with either - I probably did not take enough time to familiarize myself with these programs, but my own system works well for me now.
Collapse

Claudia Aguero
Claudia Aguero  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 17:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Word template Dec 27, 2006

I made a Word template and fill in the basic information. In my country we have to use official invoices approved by the Costa Rican Tax Department, so we cannot use PDF files or PC-generated ones.

I tried Practicount but results I was not happy with results, probably I didn't have time to understand it.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:15
Spanish
+ ...
TO3000 Dec 27, 2006

Andrej wrote:

TO3000 and I like it. The best program for such and other accounting and project related things for a translator.

Ditto.

Sara Pisano
Sara Pisano  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TO3000 Dec 27, 2006

Me too... easy and useful

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TO3000 Dec 27, 2006

Why use anything else? It does everything and allows the translator to spend more time translating instead of figuring out how to tally up words and the like. Customizable too!

Reed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use a specific software to write invoices?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »