Poll: Do you find the texts you translate interesting?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 19:49
SITE STAFF
Jan 25, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you find the texts you translate interesting?".

This poll was originally submitted by ryancolm

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Noni Gilbert
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Magpie Jan 26, 2007

You have to be a total intellectual magpie to enjoy this activity! Sometimes pushing it to get a buzz out of translating endless tables, but there's always something there to catch your attention! Cheers everyone, Noni

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Slight change of species Jan 26, 2007

aceavila wrote:

You have to be a total intellectual magpie to enjoy this activity! Sometimes pushing it to get a buzz out of translating endless tables, but there's always something there to catch your attention! Cheers everyone, Noni


but no prob


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Alfredo Tutino  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:49
English to Italian
+ ...
usually... Jan 26, 2007

but I'd rather word it as:

I usually can find something interesting in what I translate.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 09:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Like reading Jan 26, 2007

I like reading so why I am not interested in reading things that I must translate?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 09:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Usually Jan 26, 2007

75% of my projects are literary translations - very interesting, but not paying so well. The remaining 25% are pragmatic texts - no that interesting, but paying rather nicely. I am trying to get the best of both worlds

Ciao,
Hendarto


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you find the texts you translate interesting?

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums