Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jan 29, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?".

This poll was originally submitted by Ara Mkrtchyan

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?".

This poll was originally submitted by Ara Mkrtchyan

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D. (X)
Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D. (X)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
VERY POOR Jan 29, 2007

The response time of ProZ.com's Support is extremely POOR.

It took 2 days to get a response.

Rahmat

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 05:17
English to Chinese
+ ...
Very good Jan 29, 2007

I've only ever submitted one support request but it was dealt with very promptly and efficiently by Enrique.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Excellent Jan 29, 2007

Immediate response (taking into account the time zone offset) and the staff is extremely helpful and nice.

Great team!

Best,

Nicole

Giovany Rodríguez Monsalve
Giovany Rodríguez Monsalve
Colombia
Local time: 13:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good. Jan 29, 2007

I have just used it once and the response was totally fast and efficient.

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:47
German to English
I agree..... Jan 29, 2007

......with Chinese Concept and Nicole that response from the staff is very good. All the support tickets I've submitted have been dealt with efficiently.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:17
English to French
+ ...
Normal - according to what standard? Jan 29, 2007

It is a rather straightforward question (seen worse) but I have trouble with the answer "Normal". Normal usually corresponds to a standard, but which standard is it in this case? In an ideal world, my standard would be answer to my e-mail within 15 minutes and solution available another fifteen minutes later. Then again, my standard with clients would be ideally $1 per source word, payable in advance

To some people,
... See more
It is a rather straightforward question (seen worse) but I have trouble with the answer "Normal". Normal usually corresponds to a standard, but which standard is it in this case? In an ideal world, my standard would be answer to my e-mail within 15 minutes and solution available another fifteen minutes later. Then again, my standard with clients would be ideally $1 per source word, payable in advance

To some people, normal would be 24 hours. That is a whole lot different from my standard. I am afraid the results of the poll will be slightly biased by this.
Collapse

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:17
English to German
+ ...
2 DAYS is VERY poor??? Jan 29, 2007

Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D. wrote:

Rahmat

I totally disagree with the above statement.

Did you think, before writing this way, how many requests may arrive every day, in different languages, from more than 70 000 site members being spread all over the world, in more than 20 timezones???

I suppose you didn't.

Did you think of that Proz.com, probably, has a limited number of staff available for solving your problems, that they are located mainly in the US and would have to have some sleep time and time again???

I suppose you didn't.

Did you think of that not everyone of the Proz.com team can be aware of ALL possible problems that a particular member may have at this particular moment, and that problem solving may involve some research or consultation within the team or outside???

I suppose you didn't.

Did you think of that, before submitting a support ticket, many members, including myself and yourself, may just not take the time to search for a solution of their problems via the respective Proz.com forums and sections, consultation with peers, or otherwise, thus, creating a tremendous amount of unnecessary work for the Support team???

I suppose you didn't.

Did you think of that part of the members, including myself and yourself, may not be overly precise in explaining their problems, given insufficient command of language, lacking insight in technical issues, etc., which would create additional need for research and backchecking for the Support team???

I suppose you didn't.

And have you ever in your life tried "support" services of other providers of any kind where you may never get a reply at all?

I suppose you haven't.

Just for example: you will never get any response by email from the inquiry service at German Railways. Although you have the opportunity to enquire via email, they will never answer, forcing you to call an expensive hotline.

Compared to others, Proz.com responses are extremely fast, as to my experience.

It was not so 2-3 years ago, but has significantly improved recently.

[Edited at 2007-01-29 10:56]

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
"Normal" in your own experience, perhaps? Jan 29, 2007

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

To some people, normal would be 24 hours. That is a whole lot different from my standard. I am afraid the results of the poll will be slightly biased by this.

I took "normal" to refer to my personal experience, which seems as fair a criterion as any.

The response times (12-48 hours) for the several ProZ.com support requests I have made over the years have been better than the average from other websites I use, so I answered "good".

FWIW

Giles

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Less than two hours Jan 29, 2007

And the problem was fixed. By the friendliest staff imaginable.

KudoZ!

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Excellent Jan 29, 2007

I must be one of the translators who submits more tickets to the Support Team (because of the conference last year and because I am not very good with technology... so strange things are always happening to me ).

As I have been a heavy user for 7 years, I can also attest that the service we are receiving now is much faster and better than it used to be.

Au

(I have sent 69 support
... See more
I must be one of the translators who submits more tickets to the Support Team (because of the conference last year and because I am not very good with technology... so strange things are always happening to me ).

As I have been a heavy user for 7 years, I can also attest that the service we are receiving now is much faster and better than it used to be.

Au

(I have sent 69 support tickets.)

[Editado a las 2007-01-29 12:23]
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 05:17
English to Chinese
+ ...
Negativity is a disease! Jan 29, 2007

What is with some people? They are either negative to the extreme in their answers or they put these polls under the microscope and probe and disect them to find whatever is negative in them. I could understand if it was a poll that was going to have some serious impact on people's lives, in which case the available answers would have to cover the whole gamut and be specific but come on, this is a Proz poll!

Thumbs up to Steffen Pollex:)

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:17
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Objective data Jan 29, 2007

Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D. wrote:

Rahmat

Hi Rahmat,

Of course you have the right to vote and to post according to your perception of the service quality, but since you quote objective data I think it is worth mentioning that you have opened only two tickets, that were answered (and closed) after 14 hours 15 minutes and 9 hours 29 minutes respectively.

Regards,
Enrique

Darin Fitzpatrick
Darin Fitzpatrick  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Setting the standard Jan 29, 2007

I reported two formatting bugs on the website recently. Both reports were acknowledged almost immediately. One was solved quickly, and the solution was reported to me (a long URL from a poster was blowing out the KudoZ margins). The second was a bug in the maps that showed everyone as living in Kansas. That one took a few days, but I was informed once it was fixed.

Thus the overall experience was:
1) immediate acknowledgement of the report,
2) fast response from a real p
... See more
I reported two formatting bugs on the website recently. Both reports were acknowledged almost immediately. One was solved quickly, and the solution was reported to me (a long URL from a poster was blowing out the KudoZ margins). The second was a bug in the maps that showed everyone as living in Kansas. That one took a few days, but I was informed once it was fixed.

Thus the overall experience was:
1) immediate acknowledgement of the report,
2) fast response from a real person, indicating the report was being processed,
3) fast solution and explanation of the easy fix,
4) conscientious follow-up and solution to the difficult fix.

I only wish that this were "normal" for other tech support groups!
Collapse

Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Excellent Jan 29, 2007

Very fast, very friendly, very helpful

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How would you rate on average the response time of ProZ.com's Support?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »