Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Which role would you like to play in the translation industry?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:30
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No interpreters out there? Feb 20, 2007

I'm not an interpreter, but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this as a possible career choice.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
I love what I do Feb 20, 2007

Well, I enjoy translation too much to end up doing sort of brokering.
I learn everytime I work on a new document. And well, right now I'm in the middle of a full fledged Management course for CEOs (interpretation). Paid to study, what else can I ask for.
I work on safety documents all the time and learn a lot about that... I know most probably I won't be working on ships and building sites etc. in this life. Still I find it interesting.
And come on... I know enough about d
... See more
Well, I enjoy translation too much to end up doing sort of brokering.
I learn everytime I work on a new document. And well, right now I'm in the middle of a full fledged Management course for CEOs (interpretation). Paid to study, what else can I ask for.
I work on safety documents all the time and learn a lot about that... I know most probably I won't be working on ships and building sites etc. in this life. Still I find it interesting.
And come on... I know enough about dairy trade to be able to make my own cheese and to see that the milk I buy everyday is of good quality.
Maybe when I'm too old to translate (if that's possible), I'll become a full time creative writer (which I am actually, and no no best-sellers yet)... but that was not one of the choices.
I can't see myself becoming just a broker.
Collapse

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other: Terminology research Feb 20, 2007

Love translating, love freelancing, would NEVER stop translating texts.

But I also love researching terms, working on dictionaries...

Nice to be able to combine both and choose what to translate.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which role would you like to play in the translation industry?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »