Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: A reward I promise myself for finishing a long /difficult job:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 4, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "A reward I promise myself for finishing a long /difficult job:".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Andres & Leticia Enjuto
Andres & Leticia Enjuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nice restaurant/shopping spree Sep 4, 2007

Whenever we finish a long/difficult project we go to a nice restaurant as a reward to spend a special and relaxing dinner with our daughter.

I love the shopping spree idea too!

Love

Letty

vicksy nurhayati
vicksy nurhayati  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:12
English to Indonesian
+ ...
combination Sep 4, 2007

firstly, I will taking my 2 little boys to town, do whatever they want to do.

then I will certainly buy some useful things for my work : dictionaries, software, anything to improve my professionalism

buy some new plants and flowers, and spending more times in my small garden !

happy translation to all

- vicksy -

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
depends Sep 4, 2007

But as vicksy - I love to get new plants for my garden - particularly new roses.
I am also planning a holiday in November. Takes a few projects to finance that, I think

Fernando D. Walker
Fernando D. Walker  Identity Verified

Local time: 23:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
A combination of things Sep 4, 2007

First of all, I wake up late (to get my strength back); then I go for a walk and rest in a square under the sun and in contact with nature. Finally, I get back home, take a shower and go to a restaurant with my girlfriend. Next day, I returned to work with renewed energy and ready to face a new project!

Fernando

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other Sep 4, 2007

For some unknown reason, whenever I'm stuck in front of the computer, unable to do much more than prepare some coffee, I dream with all the... cleaning I'll do when the project is over. I'm normally not crazy over tidiness (not specially with two little daughters around), but the idea of washing, mopping and throwing away stuff always look charming in these moments... Funny how the mind works!

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 22:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
SLEEP!!!!!! Sep 4, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz........

About 19 hours from now, I estimate...

Jane

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:12
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Veg out and me-time Sep 4, 2007

Anything that doesn't involve a clock or a calendar. Definitely nothing that requires communication.

This time is sacred. I am one huge "Do not Disturb"-sign on two feet. This vegetative state usually lasts a few hours only, then I am going on a cleaning spree.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:12
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
reward Sep 4, 2007

Reading and jogging

Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:12
English to French
+ ...
I just like to hang out... Sep 4, 2007

If possible not thinking about anything at all. During the few hours after a long project, I don't want to be asked any questions at all. Hard thing to get with a family!

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:12
French to English
+ ...
Promises, promises Sep 4, 2007

I may promise myself a day off for some "me time" - be it gardening, dog walking, going out with friends. Whether it actually happens is another story entirely..... I've normally got the next job/s breathing down my neck by the time I get to the end of long projects! I can see I'll have to start being firmer!

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
nothing Sep 5, 2007

I just get on with the next one!

Anne Wosnitza
Anne Wosnitza  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to German
+ ...
Cappuccino "Wiener Melange" Sep 5, 2007

No idea what it's called in English but I love it with heaps of cream and a tiny little bit of cinnamon *yummy*

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Entirely agree! Sep 5, 2007

Claire Cox wrote:

I may promise myself a day off for some "me time" - be it gardening, dog walking, going out with friends. Whether it actually happens is another story entirely..... I've normally got the next job/s breathing down my neck by the time I get to the end of long projects! I can see I'll have to start being firmer!

I keep promising free days, but.... never have a chance to enjoy them. I think that in these 11 years I have promised myself some 40-50 free days I have never enjoyed...

Marion van Venrooij-Rooijmans
Marion van Venrooij-Rooijmans
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Same here! Sep 5, 2007

Marie-Hélène Hayles wrote:

I just get on with the next one!

*sigh*

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: A reward I promise myself for finishing a long /difficult job:

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »