Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Clare Barnes
Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
Ps Oct 14, 2007

Pension plan and property. Like Jenny, I remember one good piece of financial advice that has served me well: if you have to take a loan, then find someone else to pay it. So part of my house is now a self-contained flat which is rented to a student, and the rent covers my mortgage payment and a little bit more.

I actually have a friend who is a bus driver and who has invested so wisely in his pension that when he retires he will have a higher income than when he was working...

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:03
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
I answered other Oct 15, 2007

We're both self-employed, and it's been a few iffy years.

When we were both employed by others (with pension plans and benefits), we invested in mutual funds and retirement accounts.

Now, when we have extra money, we put it in a college account. However, last year we had no extra money, and the accounts for this year, which look good so far, could change. So I don't know if we'll invest this year or not.

Antonio Tomás Lessa do Amaral
Antonio Tomás Lessa do Amaral
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Investing for old age May 19, 2009

Hi
I live in Italy, here the pension system is been dismantled.
I am 61 years old, if I stopped working at 65, and the pension system did not get any worse than it is now, I would get about 500 Euros a month, even if I am now paying 12% of my earnings into the National Pension System.
So I must hide under my mattress a small amount, if I ever want to stop working.
Antonio Tomas

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you invest any of your income?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »