Poll: When do you make an LWA entry for an outsourcer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jan 6, 2008

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "When do you make an LWA entry for an outsourcer?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 08:11
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
another possible answer Jan 6, 2008

It would have been useful to include another possible answer:
"When seeing a BB entry request".

Daniel Šebesta
Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Yet another option Jan 6, 2008

I submit an entry after my first invoice is paid, regardless of whether one or more assignments were invoiced. This way, I can also rate one-time customers.

Daniel

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:41
German to English
Sometimes entries are made too soon Jan 6, 2008

I've noticed that people often make a Blue Board entry after having done only one small assignment for an outsourcer. I feel this is really too soon to be making comments such as "Great agency to work for" etc. In my experience, it takes several months, if not years, to really get to know anyone, and that includes outsourcers and translation agencies. This can sometimes make an outsourcers' Blue Board record confusing or misleading, when there are loads of 5s from people who have done one or two... See more
I've noticed that people often make a Blue Board entry after having done only one small assignment for an outsourcer. I feel this is really too soon to be making comments such as "Great agency to work for" etc. In my experience, it takes several months, if not years, to really get to know anyone, and that includes outsourcers and translation agencies. This can sometimes make an outsourcers' Blue Board record confusing or misleading, when there are loads of 5s from people who have done one or two assignments for them, together with a couple of 1s from people who have had a negative experience, such as late payment.

I think it would be better if Blue Board entries could only be made after working regularly for an outsourcer for at least three to four months. The only exception should be for late payments, in which case a negative entry could be made after the first assignment.

[Edited at 2008-01-06 14:43]
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Call for entries Jan 6, 2008

I make LWAs based on calls for entries

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
After they pay me Jan 6, 2008

Daniel Šebesta wrote:

I submit an entry after my first invoice is paid, regardless of whether one or more assignments were invoiced. This way, I can also rate one-time customers.

Daniel

That's what I do, too.

Katharine Prucha
Katharine Prucha  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
After payment Jan 7, 2008

I also wait for paymetn - to make sure it is on time as agreed on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When do you make an LWA entry for an outsourcer?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »