Mobile menu

No points to Portuguese colleagues? (Henry)
Thread poster: Gabriela Frazao

Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:06
Member (2002)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 10, 2002

This is the second time that I am unable to give points to a Portuguese colleague. The following message appears:

«The asker IP address is the same the as answerer IP address. No grade has been entered».

How this situation can be solved?

Direct link

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 08:06
German to English
+ ...
IP Apr 10, 2002

If both the asker and the answerer access ProZ from the same computer, you will both show the same IP address.

This is the only explanation I can give you, but you should send Henry a \"Support Request\".

Direct link

Vladimir Shapovalov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:06
Member (2003)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
more on the IP Apr 10, 2002

I think that several PCs may actually share the same IP when connected in a single network (their traffic goes through a single PC which is connected to an ISP or directly to the Internet). Say, corporate LANs for example...

Direct link

Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2002)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK. I will try Support Requests. Thanks! Apr 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-10 20:01, AbacusTrans wrote:

If both the asker and the answerer access ProZ from the same computer, you will both show the same IP address.

This is the only explanation I can give you, but you should send Henry a \"Support Request\".

Direct link

João Brogueira  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Transparent proxy Apr 10, 2002

I believe this problem is due to the transparent proxy used by Portugal\'s largest ISP (including subsidiaries). I\'ve had this problem before. I filed a support request, but got no answer. Good luck.

Cumprimentos,

João Brogueira

Direct link

Disabled Apr 10, 2002

This feature has been disabled for the time being, as it was more often a nuisance than a helper.

Jason

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:06
SITE FOUNDER
in other words, you can now award the points... Apr 11, 2002

in other words, you can now award the points...

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No points to Portuguese colleagues? (Henry)

Advanced search

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs