Free translation into portuguese needed (1 page)
Thread poster: Emma10800 (X)
Emma10800 (X)
Emma10800 (X)
Local time: 06:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 24, 2002

Hi, I\'m setting up a website and I offer translations from english into portuguese. I can\'t afford to pay for any translation at the moment so if anyone is interested in doing it for free please email me and be sure that I will contact you if potential clients require translations into portuguese! since I can\'t do it, so I\'ll need to associate with a french translator. It\'s only one page and it\'s kinda urgent. Please good samaritans! help!

Emma

Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL
Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
sorry, I didn't understand... Jul 25, 2002

Hi, I\'m sorry, I might be too sleepy after some days of working full blast...

I didn\'t understand your request: you intend to work as a translator into Portuguese, but you can\'t do the translation yourself? OR you intend to offer translations into Portuguese via your website, partnering with another translator that can deal with the pair English / Portuguese?

Regardless your answer, if you accept my humble opinion is - start doing your website with wh
... See more
Hi, I\'m sorry, I might be too sleepy after some days of working full blast...

I didn\'t understand your request: you intend to work as a translator into Portuguese, but you can\'t do the translation yourself? OR you intend to offer translations into Portuguese via your website, partnering with another translator that can deal with the pair English / Portuguese?

Regardless your answer, if you accept my humble opinion is - start doing your website with what you can offer, and then, if time and money and your business allow, only then, you should think about offering other languages that not your own pairs. Then, luckily, you\'ll be able to pay for the services of a colleague of yours.

Good luck,

Adriana

Brazil
Collapse

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Are you a translation agency? Jul 25, 2002

I am unable to understand. Could you please

explain us what is your idea?

Thanks in advance.

Emma10800 (X)
Emma10800 (X)
Local time: 06:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my idea Jul 25, 2002

was to sort of team up with a portuguese translator since Im only english-spanish translator but I have been asked for portuguese translations before and I hated hated to turn them down because I couldnt do it. And im creating a website offering those services (portuguese) so I wanted to see if someone was interested in doing the translation of the site (it\'s a little one) into portuguese just to help then I would send that person whatever job i get, for translations into portuguese that is...<... See more
was to sort of team up with a portuguese translator since Im only english-spanish translator but I have been asked for portuguese translations before and I hated hated to turn them down because I couldnt do it. And im creating a website offering those services (portuguese) so I wanted to see if someone was interested in doing the translation of the site (it\'s a little one) into portuguese just to help then I would send that person whatever job i get, for translations into portuguese that is...

But someone already contacted me about it so i have it all figured out now =)))

Emma
Collapse

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
OK. But your request does not fall within the scope of this forum. Jul 26, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-25 15:59, Emma10800 wrote:

was to sort of team up with a portuguese translator since Im only english-spanish translator but I have been asked for portuguese translations before and I hated hated to turn them down because I couldnt do it. And im creating a website offering those services (portuguese) so I wanted to see if someone was interested in doing the translation of the site (it\'s a little one) into portugue... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-25 15:59, Emma10800 wrote:

was to sort of team up with a portuguese translator since Im only english-spanish translator but I have been asked for portuguese translations before and I hated hated to turn them down because I couldnt do it. And im creating a website offering those services (portuguese) so I wanted to see if someone was interested in doing the translation of the site (it\'s a little one) into portuguese just to help then I would send that person whatever job i get, for translations into portuguese that is...

But someone already contacted me about it so i have it all figured out now =)))

Emma

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free translation into portuguese needed (1 page)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »