Portuguese Lessons
Thread poster: suesimons
suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:02
Portuguese to English
Nov 4, 2006

On behalf of an English couple living in Almancil, Algarve, does anyone know of a teacher who would give Pt lessons on a one-to one basis, and living either Vila Moura, Loulé or Almancil? Thanks so much.

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:02
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Here are some names Nov 4, 2006

Dear Sue,
I am Dutch and I lived in Portugal (in Coimbra) the past 1,5 years. I once found a site for Dutch people living in Portugal and they have some information about lessons. These teachers may be useful:
Dra. Louise Lijmbach
8100 Loulé
Algarve Portugal
mob. 969 718 980

Manuela da Silva Guarda
Multiclínica do Algarve - E.N. 125 - Benfarras
8125-017 Quarteira
Algarve Portugal
tel. 289 366 266
mob. 918 784 221
... See more
Dear Sue,
I am Dutch and I lived in Portugal (in Coimbra) the past 1,5 years. I once found a site for Dutch people living in Portugal and they have some information about lessons. These teachers may be useful:
Dra. Louise Lijmbach
8100 Loulé
Algarve Portugal
mob. 969 718 980

Manuela da Silva Guarda
Multiclínica do Algarve - E.N. 125 - Benfarras
8125-017 Quarteira
Algarve Portugal
tel. 289 366 266
mob. 918 784 221

This one says it's for Dutch people, but maybe he is also able to teach English people:
Kris de Meester
Quinta Caseira - Cumeade
8375 S.B. Messines
Algarve Portugal
tel. 282 332 233
mob. 914 635 995

Rob Raam
Vale de Igreja
6270-134 Paranhos Sei
Beiras Portugal
tel. (+351) 238 976 901
mob. (+351) 919 499 994
E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://www.kickme.to/quinta

This lady is English and teaches English, but maybe she knows a good Portuguese teacher:
Jill Warnes
Urb. A ver o mar, bloco 2, 1e andar. App. A
8200-214 Albufeira
Algarve Portugal
mob. 969 015 366
E-mail: [email protected]

I hope this helps!
Kind regards,
Maaike
Collapse

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It's not difficult to find someone... Nov 4, 2006

Dear Sue,

As far as I know, there are no colleagues living in Lagos or close to.

My idea is your friends ask to any local pharmacy or grocery or alike. I'm sure everybody will try to find someone to teach Portuguese to them.

In 2002, I suggested the same to my son as my grandchildren needed someone to speak French with them during their summer holidays in Algarve.

It was very easy to find an excellent person who carried out his duties in a ver
... See more
Dear Sue,

My idea is your friends ask to any local pharmacy or grocery or alike. I'm sure everybody will try to find someone to teach Portuguese to them.

In 2002, I suggested the same to my son as my grandchildren needed someone to speak French with them during their summer holidays in Algarve.

It was very easy to find an excellent person who carried out his duties in a very nice and reliable manner.

I leave here my suggestion.

Cheers
Gabriela
Collapse

suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Pt Lessons Nov 5, 2006

Gabriela Frazao wrote:

Dear Sue,

It was very easy to find an excellent person who carried out his duties in a very nice and reliable manner.

I leave here my suggestion.

Cheers
Gabriela

Thanks so much Gabriela, the problem is finding a really good teacher. Lots of us speak both English and Pt but we are not necessarily able to impart our knowledge! But thank you for your ideas, will pass on to my friends. Ciao! Sue.

Francesca Verd
Francesca Verd  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:02
English to Catalan
+ ...
They might be able to find some help Nov 10, 2006

at this website: http://www.expatsportugal.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portuguese Lessons

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »