Mobile menu

Is there a way of getting a list of ALL the freelance translators in one particular country? ('no')
Thread poster: Pamela Peralta

Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2003

I posted this in the Directory forum but I don't think many people check out that forum.

Is there a way of getting a list of ALL the freelance translators in one particular country, regardless of language pairs or area of expertise?
I tried to find this person from Peru that translates from German into English and although that is what it says in his profile when I went to look for him in the directory he did not appear. All those combinations make it hard to find someone.

hugs,
Pamela

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:17
SITE FOUNDER
No, no way right now Jul 25, 2003

No, there is not a way to do that right now. It is something to consider for the future, but clients have not asked for that.

Still, for your purposes, the system should work fine: do a search for German > English translators. Then, add the requirement for Peru. Three people come up (one platinum, two non-paying.)

OlafK
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:17
English to German
+ ...
I prefer it as it is Jul 29, 2003

Generating a list of all translators in one country regardless of their language combination would just encourage spamming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way of getting a list of ALL the freelance translators in one particular country? ('no')

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs