Canada
Local time: 02:52
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2004

Good day, everyone!
PW 550 - South Stormont
That's mine! I'm just north of the four-oh-one, i.e., not far from the St Lawrence Seaway, on a large lot with a big shade tree for you to set up your tent, have a BBQ and a drinkie-poo, and enjoy a beautiful confire under the stars.
Come one, come all! Please sign up (if you intend to come, that is!) Drop me a line for detailed directions.
Hope to see you there!
Nancy

http://www.proz.com/powwow/550

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Typo Jun 6, 2004

NancyLynn wrote:

Good day, everyone!
PW 550 - South Stormont
That's mine! I'm just north of the four-oh-one, i.e., not far from the St Lawrence Seaway, on a large lot with a big shade tree for you to set up your tent, have a BBQ and a drinkie-poo, and enjoy a beautiful confire under the stars.
Come one, come all! Please sign up (if you intend to come, that is!) Drop me a line for detailed directions.
Hope to see you there!
Nancy

http://www.proz.com/powwow/550[/quote]

I imagine you mean "bonfire". I wish I could be there. Have fun!

Esther

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bonfire, right! Jun 6, 2004

LOL
Esther, maybe you are closer than you think!
Besides, I won't kick you off the land at sunrise...;-)
And even if I were such a cold-hearted blister, you would not have far to go to enjoy one of the many beautiful provincial parks along the St Lawrence, stretching over to the north shore of Lake Ontario at Kingston. Or across the International bridge, you would find yourself in upstate New York. Or travel 3/4 hour east, and enjoy the hustle and bustle of gorgeous Montreal, from where it's a hop, skip and a jump to Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire...
Venture out! summer is sooo short...
Nancy

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:52
English to Russian
+ ...
wow.. too far from my Lotus Land Jun 6, 2004

Yes, it's too far from Vancouver for me to come to warm my bones near your fire)) However, my cheers will be there with you as well as (probably) a part of my spirit.

Have fun!

[Edited at 2004-06-06 21:17]

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Too close... in time Jun 7, 2004

I'd love to attend but I really have to go to Ottawa on July 16 (returning the following day to the Jersey Shore) and I can't bring myself to drive 1,500 kilometers two weeks in a row.

Warm regards,
Esther

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
bones...fire, bonfire, LOL Jun 7, 2004

You're so punny, Vladimir!
Sorry you can't come make us laugh in person (this time), but we'll certainly raise a glass to you... three hours earlier!:-)

Nancy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

9 July, near Cornwall, Ontario

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs