https://www.proz.com/forum/powwow_organizers/59104-powwow_proz_xmas_party_dec_11_in_montreal.html

Powwow/ProZ X'mas Party - Dec 11 in Montreal
Thread poster: Sylvie Nault
Sylvie Nault
Sylvie Nault  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:17
English to French
Nov 5, 2006

Hello everyone,

My name is Sylvie Nault and I would like to invite you to the Proz/Soirée des traducteurs XMas party on Monday, December 11 in Montréal, at 7 PM.

Clients, spouses, non-Proz members are cordially invited to attend.

All the info (menu, map, RSVP etc) can be found at http://www.proz.com/powwow/1068

It would be much appreciated if you could
... See more
Hello everyone,

My name is Sylvie Nault and I would like to invite you to the Proz/Soirée des traducteurs XMas party on Monday, December 11 in Montréal, at 7 PM.

Clients, spouses, non-Proz members are cordially invited to attend.

All the info (menu, map, RSVP etc) can be found at http://www.proz.com/powwow/1068

It would be much appreciated if you could confirm directly on the Powwow page as this usually has a snowball effect.

Since the restaurant is opening only for us that evening, we need to be a minimum of 25. Conveniently located 5 mins from the Atwater market and highway 10, 1 min. from Charlevoix metro, the Bistro San Lucas has great food and atmosphere, you'll see!

Not only will we network that evening, but fun is very much on the agenda. To insure that people come out of their shell, we devised the 1st Scategories tournament. For those of you who don't know the game, you have to find, in a limited time, as much words as you can with a letter drawn. The trick is to find really original words because if someone has the same, it does not count. That should be fun with translators playing in their source language!

We will also have a small exchange of gift, not expensive at all: a used book you adored. Then we will steal gifts because this is always the funniest part in gift exchange.

Please, pass the word and help me to make this event a big success.

I hope to meet you very soon.

Sincerely,

Sylvie

Bonjour à tous,

Mon nom est Sylvie Nault et j'ai le plaisir de vous inviter au « party de Noël de Proz et de la soirée des traducteurs » le lundi 11 décembre à 19 h à Montréal.

Les clients, conjoints et traducteurs, réviseurs et relecteurs non membres de Proz sont cordialement invités. Plus on est de fous, plus on rit !

Tous les détails se trouvent au http://www.proz.com/powwow/1068

J'apprécierais énormément que vous manifestiez votre intérêt directement sur le site car cela a un effet boule de neige.

Nous devons être un minimum de 25 personnes puisque le resto ouvre seulement pour nous ce soir-là. Situé à deux pas de l'autoroute 10 et à 1 min du métro Charlevoix, le Bistro San Lucas est très bien situé. Et on y mange comme des rois, vous verrez !

Non seulement aurons-nous l'occasion de réseauter mais nous participerons également au 1er tournoi de Scategories Proz, avec des prix à gagner. Pour ceux qui l'ignorent, Scategories est un jeu de société où les joueurs doivent former des mots avec une lettre pigée au hasard, dans un temps limité. Le défi est de trouver des mots inusités car si un autre joueur a le même, ça ne compte pas. Ce sera très drôle avec une bande de traducteurs qui jouent dans leur langue source !

De plus, nous ferons également un échange de cadeaux pas cher du tout : un livre usagé que vous avez adoré, peu importe le sujet. Et nous nous volerons ces cadeaux, c'est toujours cela qui est le plus drôle lors des échanges.

S.V.P., passez le mot et aidez-moi à faire ce cette soirée un succès.

A bientôt j'espère,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-06 07:17]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Powwow/ProZ X'mas Party - Dec 11 in Montreal

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »