Mobile menu

Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!
Thread poster: Gabriella Fisichella

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:31
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2007

Dear All,

I am organising a Powwow in Catania, Sicily on October, 19th.

As Goethe said in A Journey to Italy: "Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy - Sicily is the key to everything".

It would be great to welcome as many friends as possible from all over the world.

I would love to guide you through the baroque town centre and have lunch with you in a typical Sicilian restaurant.

Please visit:

http://www.proz.com/powwow/1612

I hope to see you in Catania.

Gabriella

Direct link Reply with quote

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 12:31
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bad timing... :( Aug 18, 2007

I'll be backpacking around Italy October 9 through 29, but I'll make a quick trip to Portugal to attend a translation conference there from Oct. 18 through 20...

I'll probably work my way back to Italy through Spain, spending a day or so in Madrid and then Barcelona.

We'll definitely go to Sicily, though, 'cause that's where my husband's family comes from (great-grandparents left in the late 1880s to come to America). Maybe we can contact you for lunch or something and you can show us Catania through a local's point of view!

P.S.: Do you by any chance know any Lombardinos around there?

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sure! Aug 18, 2007

Hello Rafa,

it's a pity you cannot join us, but it will be a pleasure to show you Catania. Drop me an email and I'll give you my contact details.

Gabriella

Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Hope to come! Aug 19, 2007

What an idea! I will surely come, I came last time in 2001 when I took my cat, a very Sicilian one

I have a friend there, and I really like Catania.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs