Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!
Thread poster: Gabriella Fisichella

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:57
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2007

Dear All,

I am organising a Powwow in Catania, Sicily on October, 19th.

As Goethe said in A Journey to Italy: "Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy - Sicily is the key to everything".

It would be great to welcome as many friends as possible from all over the world.

I would love to guide you through the baroque town centre and have lunch with you in a typical Sicilian restaurant.

Please visit:

http://www.proz.com/powwow/1612

I hope to see you in Catania.

Gabriella

Direct link Reply with quote

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 23:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bad timing... :( Aug 18, 2007

I'll be backpacking around Italy October 9 through 29, but I'll make a quick trip to Portugal to attend a translation conference there from Oct. 18 through 20...

I'll probably work my way back to Italy through Spain, spending a day or so in Madrid and then Barcelona.

We'll definitely go to Sicily, though, 'cause that's where my husband's family comes from (great-grandparents left in the late 1880s to come to America). Maybe we can contact you for lunch or something and you can show us Catania through a local's point of view!

P.S.: Do you by any chance know any Lombardinos around there?

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sure! Aug 18, 2007

Hello Rafa,

it's a pity you cannot join us, but it will be a pleasure to show you Catania. Drop me an email and I'll give you my contact details.

Gabriella

Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Hope to come! Aug 19, 2007

What an idea! I will surely come, I came last time in 2001 when I took my cat, a very Sicilian one

I have a friend there, and I really like Catania.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs