Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Anyone fancy a powwow in the South of England?
Thread poster: Mary Worby
Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:28
German to English
+ ...
Feb 21, 2003

Just fishing for interest, really. Would anybody be up for a powwow in south central England (not London)?

I\'m thinking Reading, Newbury, Swindon, Oxford, Bath, Cheltenham? No idea of dates ...

Anyone interested?

Mary

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 08:28
German to English
+ ...
I could certainly consider it Feb 21, 2003

I\'d love to have the opportunity to meet up with the UK Kudoz godess. The closer to London Stanstead the better (so I can get a cheap flight from Hahn!), and not in May, June or July (I\'m already booked out in those months).

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hahn - Bournemouth Feb 21, 2003

Hi Alison,

You can also fly from Hahn to Bournemouth - or at least you can do it the other way round! I\'m flying out from Bournemouth for GBP 1.99 in a couple of weeks time

Mary

Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
What about the Cambridge area? Feb 21, 2003

I\'d certainly be interested if I were in the country. Right now I\'m in the Cambridge area, but I\'m not sure when I\'ll be going back to Barcelona yet. If it were sometime in March I might be able to make it.

Sheila

P.S. Cambridge is under an hour from Stansted by train, so it might be a good place to meet up if a lot of people are flying in to Stansted airport.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-21 11:05]

AngieD
AngieD  Identity Verified
English
+ ...
Would be interested too Feb 21, 2003

Anywhere near Stansted would also be interesting for me because Ryanair flies there from Austria now.

Swindon would also be good for me (got somewhere to stay there )

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-21 10:58]

jerrie
jerrie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Definitely interested! Feb 21, 2003

Anywhere, really!

Reading, Swindon, Bath, Cheltenham....

Keep me posted!

Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
interested if time permits Feb 21, 2003

There are also Ryan Air flights from Newquay (Cornwall) to Stanstead, which I could reach within a few hours.

Or you could all hop on a flight from Stanstead to Newquay and meet in beautiful Cornwall!!!!!

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
Bournemouth sounds good! Feb 21, 2003

because it\'s very close to where I am (Southampton). I\'d love to meet up with everybody, but I couldn\'t leave the baby with my mother for very long, and certainly wouldn\'t want to take her with me.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Cheltenham/Oxford... Feb 21, 2003

that would be good for me... especially Cheltenham!

Giovanni

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Bournemouth sounds like fun Feb 21, 2003

and Stanstead is just up the road from me. Get me out of the city

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Sounds good, Mary. Feb 21, 2003

Not a ProZ old-timer myself but would be v. interested in a get together. What kind of scale would this be on? Oxford sounds good - trying to think of good location. Bournemouth too.

Nicole Tata
Nicole Tata
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
Yes please! Feb 21, 2003

A powwow in SE England sounds brilliant.

I live in Brighton so anywhere along the South Coast between Eastbourne and Bournemouth would be great for me. Otherwise it\'s a case of have car, will travel!

Keep me posted, please.

Regards

Nicole

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Bournemouth sounds good Feb 21, 2003

Just checked Ryanair and they\'re offering flights for €5.99 from Hahn! Although that\'s expensive by my book - four of us flew to Scotland in January for the grand total of € 9 return (and €5 of that was the credit card charge)

Do you have any dates in mind yet Mary?

Alison

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sounds interesting - please keep me posted Feb 21, 2003

Depending on proposed dates and, of course, work commitments at the time, I could well be interested. My preference would be for Reading, as I live near Heathrow, or Bournemouth on a Saturday or Sunday, as my in-laws live there.

Please keep me posted!

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, folks! Feb 22, 2003

Good to see there is plenty of interest! But it may not be possible to please all of the people all of the time!

To answer questions, Amy, I have no idea as to the scale. I\'m just throwing the idea out to see if there is any interest! Likewise, I hadn\'t really thought about dates ... I suppose spring/summer would be nicest.

Maybe we could do two powwow - one up in Stansted/Cambridge and one in central sou
... See more
Good to see there is plenty of interest! But it may not be possible to please all of the people all of the time!

To answer questions, Amy, I have no idea as to the scale. I\'m just throwing the idea out to see if there is any interest! Likewise, I hadn\'t really thought about dates ... I suppose spring/summer would be nicest.

Maybe we could do two powwow - one up in Stansted/Cambridge and one in central south England, although we don\'t seem to have reached consensus on location!

Personally, I\'d be happiest in Cheltenham or Newbury ...

Anybody got any good ideas as to how to take it from here? Should I post something on the Powwow Board?

Regards

Mary
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Anyone fancy a powwow in the South of England?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »