Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Samuel Sebastian Holden Bramah
Samuel Sebastian Holden Bramah  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:36
Catalan to English
+ ...
Venue Mar 24, 2015

Hi there!!

I had thought about the Tiled Hall, and I love going there to have a coffee... But the acoustics in there are really difficult... such a high ceiling makes for loud conversation and a lot of echo.

If there are only going to be a few of us, we could go downstairs in the Art Gallery...

Anyway... absolutely open to suggestions...

And it doesn't have to be somewhere posh... there is a nice little Deli called Deli 54 on Great George that is cosy
... See more
Hi there!!

I had thought about the Tiled Hall, and I love going there to have a coffee... But the acoustics in there are really difficult... such a high ceiling makes for loud conversation and a lot of echo.

If there are only going to be a few of us, we could go downstairs in the Art Gallery...

Anyway... absolutely open to suggestions...

And it doesn't have to be somewhere posh... there is a nice little Deli called Deli 54 on Great George that is cosy and friendly and a cuppa is just over a quid.

So, let me know... We can go whole-hog and have tea and scones at the radisson, or we can have a one pound PG tips on a corner somewhere LOL.

Would be great if you know anyone else that could be interested in coming? translation students? people interested in getting into the translation business? dogs? cats? pet iguanas?

See you soon!!
Collapse

S Rumpoldin (X)
S Rumpoldin (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Venue Mar 28, 2015

Hi Sam,
Yes, I see what you mean about the acoustics, it's probably not the best for a chat with a group; but the cakes there are just fabulous
That little deli sounds like a good plan.
See you soon.

Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Venue Apr 4, 2015

Hi guys!!

I think that, since there are only a few of us, the best venue will be the Everyman Theatre in Trinity Centre.

They have a nice café-bar upstairs that has different areas with armchairs and sofas, so I think that one of those will suit us just fine, and we can always move somewhere else if loads more people come along.

So... Have a great Easter Weekend, and see you next Sunday

... See more
Hi guys!!

I think that, since there are only a few of us, the best venue will be the Everyman Theatre in Trinity Centre.

They have a nice café-bar upstairs that has different areas with armchairs and sofas, so I think that one of those will suit us just fine, and we can always move somewhere else if loads more people come along.

So... Have a great Easter Weekend, and see you next Sunday

All the best.
Sam.
Collapse

Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Re: Venue @Susanne Rumpolding Apr 4, 2015

but the cakes there are just fabulous

Aren't they just But the Everyman does do popcorn, so that is a fun quirk. Not sure if we can get away with Cosmopolitans and Popcorn at 11 AM, but we can sure as hell try

That little deli sounds like a good plan.

It is a nice little place, but they are closed on Sundays (Saturdays too), they basically cater to the office-hours crowd from Leeds General and the Combined Courts... So, not a great weekend option. I do recommend them if you are ever in the area while they are open though... It is a very nice Italian family (from Sicily) that run the place... They also have a coffee-import and roasting company in Huddersfield, so they do have great Italian-style expresso coffee at about a third of the price you would have to pay at Starbucks or Costa. And their "full-English" is dead cheap and sublime

Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Location of Venue, Where to Park, How to get there... etc Apr 4, 2015

Here is a link to all the information about the Everyman Theatre in Leeds Trinity Centre:

http://www.everymancinema.com/venues/leeds/venue-details/

Just in case you have never heard of it

ThompsonText
ThompsonText  Identity Verified

Local time: 21:36
French to English
+ ...
Cafe-bar opening time? Apr 8, 2015

Looking on the venue website, it's unclear what the opening times are for the cafe-bar - it lists the Forzza restaurant as 1130 or 1200 in different places on the website.
Worth a check before we all turn up at 11?

Cheerio,
Chris.

Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Cafe-bar opening time? Apr 11, 2015

Hi there... Not a problem, it is just the restaurant that opens later, we will be upstairs in the Cafe/Cinema area:

OPENING HOURS
EVERYMAN CINEMA
10.00am - Late (daily)

See you tomorrow!!

ThompsonText wrote:

Looking on the venue website, it's unclear what the opening times are for the cafe-bar - it lists the Forzza restaurant as 1130 or 1200 in different places on the website.
Worth a check before we all turn up at 11?

Cheerio,
Chris.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »