Mobile menu

Online/distance graduate programs in translation – what options are out there
Thread poster: Jason Hall

Jason Hall
Local time: 12:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

It is my understanding that there is currently no full master’s degree in translation offered online in the U.S., but such programs are offered by European universities. Can anyone confirm this?

I am currently enrolled in a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Translation Studies at the University of Denver, University College. While it is a graduate certificate and not a full master’s degree, the credits can be applied to a MSL, which makes it the closest thing to a 100% online masters degree in translation offered by a U.S. university, as far as I know.

I am also aware of a Professional Certificate in Translation Studies from NYU. I have no first-hand experience, but the word seems to be that the program is highly regarded and the cost is somewhat less than the DU program since the classes are not for credit.

Can anyone offer information on other online graduate level programs in translation?

I would love to learn a bit more about what is out there.

Direct link Reply with quote
Eleftheria Dekavalla  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 21:54
German to Greek
+ ...
Online postgraduate program in translation Nov 3, 2008

Look at this

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online/distance graduate programs in translation – what options are out there

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs