Thread poster: Hilary Bruce
Hilary Bruce
Hilary Bruce  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:25
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2008

I'm looking for a short translation/interpreting related course/conference/event to attend at the beginning of January 2009, to tie in with a visit home. Does anybody know if there's anything interesting going on? Thanks!

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
search here:-) Nov 5, 2008

http://www.conferencealerts.com/

Hilary Bruce
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other web sources? Nov 7, 2008

Thanks for your reply Lia, but I didn't find anything much related to our business through that link. I guess it's going to be difficult to find something going on in the UK at the beginning of January. Everyone will be trying to recover from the festive season. However, if anyone can suggest other similar web sites that offer an e-mail alert system for courses/conferences being held in the UK that would be great.

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
ICE Nov 7, 2008

There's the International Calendar of Events (despite the name, this is translation-related) here:
http://www.iti.org.uk/ice/index.asp

Don't know about alerts - it might have a RSS facility, you'll have to investigate it yourself.

You're right, there doesn't seem to be much going on in January; though some courses at (I think) Westminster are starting then.

... See more
There's the International Calendar of Events (despite the name, this is translation-related) here:
http://www.iti.org.uk/ice/index.asp

Don't know about alerts - it might have a RSS facility, you'll have to investigate it yourself.

You're right, there doesn't seem to be much going on in January; though some courses at (I think) Westminster are starting then.

Perhaps for tax purposes you could make sure you visit the British Library and photocopy something work-related while you're there?
Collapse

Hilary Bruce
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Angela Dec 2, 2008

Thanks for the ICE link Angela. I will keep that for future reference. I didn't find anything suitable for January but I'm sure I can organise something for later on in the year. I must try to be more organised ....I will put it in my list of New Year's resolutions. It gets longer by the day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK course in January 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »